I'm trying to install my License but keep getting the message; The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request

I’m trying to activate my License but keep getting the message; The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request

Maybe disable any anti-virus/firewall or VPN and then try again.

I had a situation recently where restarting my router fixed a similar issue with another application, so you could try that also.

What version of eM Client, and what OS are you using Bill?

Thank you for replying.
I tried the firewall/antivirus thing yesterday.
Tried the router reboot just now.
No luck.
Version 7.2.36775.0

Windows 10

I tried, but was unable to reproduce that. It activated every time. Sorry Bill.

Thanks for trying d00d. I’ve had an email correspondence going with support. We finally figured out that when Windows 10 updated to it’s new version that;
“it seems there is an issue when eM Client tries to get your HW GUID to activate the device.
Instead of the ID being a string of letters and number the string has an invalid symbol at the very beginning, ending the ID and sending it empty, which causes the ‘bad request’ error and our licensing server cannot activate the device.
We get the ID from the drivers in your computer, so it seems the Windows update might have messed that up.
We will try to create a work-around as soon as possible to filter out the invalid symbols when creating the ID…”

Good to know Bill. Not the first time that eM Client reacted badly to Windows 10 update. ;-(