If is possible that eM Client have no Oauth2 over Pop3? Get no pop3 connection or smpt

If is possible that eM Client have no Oauth2 over Pop3? The european law say since some years that we must have use Oauth2 in europe and since this mail clients like “windows mail”/“outlooc express” are useless.
Can eMClient Oauth2 for Pop3 or only in IAMP?

I get this error for pop3 income and smtp outgoing:

11:53:41 Online-Status: geändert zu Online bis zum NetworkAvailability 
11:53:41 [email protected] POP3 Verbindung wird aufgebaut: An [email protected]
11:54:23 [email protected] [POP3] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Es ist ein Fehler beim Empfangen von E-Mails vom Konto [email protected] : Ein Verbindungsversuch ist fehlgeschlagen, da die Gegenstelle nach einer bestimmten Zeitspanne nicht richtig reagiert hat, oder die hergestellte Verbindung war fehlerhaft, da der verbundene Host nicht reagiert hat. 87.248.97.21:465 aufgetreten.
            at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
            at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
           EnqueuedStackTrace =
                at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3Account.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<ReceiveAsync>b__0()
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.RunIfOnline(Action actionIfOnline, Action actionIfOffline)
                at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3Account.ReceiveAsync(Action`1 receivedItem, Action`1 completed, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
                at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.Receive()
                at MailClient.Accounts.AccountManager.ReceiveAllInternal()
                at MailClient.Accounts.AccountManager.SendAndReceiveAll()
                at MailClient.Program.<>c.<AfterStartup>b__256_0()
                at MailClient.Accounts.DesktopAccountManager.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<InitializeOnlineMode>b__0(Object <p0>)
                at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.<>c.<.cctor>b__6_0(QueueUserWorkItemCallback quwi)
                at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunForThreadPoolUnsafe[TState](ExecutionContext executionContext, Action`1 callback, TState& state)
                at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.Execute()
                at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
                at System.Threading.PortableThreadPool.WorkerThread.WorkerThreadStart()
                at System.Threading.Thread.StartCallback()
           GUIStatus_Exception_Reported = True

Thx for your time.

No, it is not possible.

You will need to set the account again using the automatic setup, move the messages from the POP3 folders to the IMAP ones, then remove the POP3 account.

1 Like

Pop3 are only with manual setup or not? So why i must be use the autoamticle setup to get a workabkle pop3?

All manual settings are like the yahoo pop3 say. Port are ok, Auth are ok, i dont understand why its not work. So if you say Oauth2 for pop3 are using i see not the reason why its not work.

(I have also testet for fun, if i write an incorect passwort, there come not the answer that the password are wrong). It feels to me that the comunications for pop3 dont work fine with yahoo.

(i mean not Oauth2 for iamp, this is much longer standart für iamp - but iamp are inacaptable - so i can use the browser instead iamp - iamp are total useless for me.

Thx european guidelines, before this pop3 Oaut2 coming all was fine in “Outlook express”/“windows mail”

Bye the way, you are allways here Gary, thanks for do this and help all the people. Are you the dev from eM Client?

If you don’t use the automatic email wizard setup to change to IMAP with OAuth 2 which is preferred now with most mailboxes and mail client’s such as eM Client, then you would have to stick with the old non OAuth POP manual setup and generate an app password as per the Yahoo link.

“POP access settings and instructions for Yahoo Mail”

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4724.html#/

“Generate and manage third party app passwords”

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/generate-manage-third-party-passwords-sln15241.html

However if that still doesn’t work then you would need to change to IMAP via the automatic email wizard OAuth 2 setup as per @Gary advise.

Note: Before you do anything create a backup via “Menu / Backup”. You can see when the backup is completed via “Menu / Operations”.

Thx, with generate third party password was the first little helpfull. (Cant understand why the most programms dont integrate Oauth2 for Pop3. The mail clients die out anyway because they no longer do what they were comfortable with before. To have a ruberband like you have it in iamp, why people like that the delete Mails at clients thats delete mails at server - i will never understand this.

So all are like yahoo say, all ports are like yahoo say…

Third party password are set.
I tried this third party password only in the showing picture, second try also in Pop3/smtp, third try oposit with the two passwords but you get no response from eM client. No coment for the normal user, wrong password, wrong auth or what ever, any notice

"However if that still doesn’t work then you would need to change to IMAP via the automatic email wizard OAuth 2 setup as per @Gary advise.
Can anybody explain me why people use client with iamp when with iamp all the save like you go in browser directly, there are no differents more if you use IAMP in a browser or in a client - so whats the point to using a client for iamp? Where is the reason.

Pop3 are so much faster, i have tested IAMP first with eMclient - it takes incredible time to get mails. maybe it can not handle 10.000 Mails good enought Pop3 can handle this. Loading one time down and than locks only the day what was not connecting in the last days. This needs not 10 seconds

I was in the 2000th in the it service branche and i can say for me and the half from my customers, they dont like iamp. And for me its not a point for security. But anyway. So i must testet the good old overblowed outlook. (and iamp are reliable without very stable internet - so im from Germany what should i do, go in a land who are the internet not bad as a 56k modem)?

Realy not all what comes new at software are better - mostly the oppisit. For me comes every windows badder than XP with useles software, lesser funktion for bars, infos… XP was for me the cleanes, fastest OS what i have (sorry and DOS too)
I wish there where an actual Windows was is light like xp with all actual driver, 64 bit but without the nonsense like a shop in an OS, without spyware, traking what ever, with a usefull mailprogram and not this crap on win11 (the win11 iamp client totaly not work stable - its incradible how bad its work - you can have a good day and it works for some mails but the half are away and you must go over the browser - this will never happend with pop3 in the past years).
I have config hundreds of pop3 accounts in my live for customers before this all comes, it tooks 3 minits in the years before and now houres. This is future.

Have a nice day. But thx for trying to help, this i mean honest.

Pop3 are so much faster, i have tested IMAP first with eMclient - it takes incredible time to get mails. maybe it can not handle 10.000 Mails good enough.

IMAP is as fast as POP with the same amount of mail with eM Client. It’s just the mail server that is the problem.

I’ve seen many posts around the world using many different mail clients that Yahoo mail servers using IMAP are slow to retrieve email. I’ve had friends who had the same issues and eventually moved to new alt mail servers.

I personally have three IMAP mail accounts including Gmail and Outlook and they are very fast and “retrieve mail in seconds” using eM Client version 9 for PC and Mac.

Can anybody explain me why people use client with IMAP when with IMAP all the save like you go in browser directly, there are no differents more if you use IMAP in a browser or in a client - so whats the point to using a client for IMAP?

The reason you use a mail client with IMAP rather than a browser is that you can do so much more in an integrated email client with eg: manipulating the emails how you like it etc, and have far more options available built-in etc.

Browser webmail GUI interfaces are just too restricted on what you can do with emails and limit you.

Also t-online and other German mailserver, it dont work good here. What i say, sometime there are mails in the list, than gone and see other, thann nothing. Iamp and e-mail “streaming” are horrible.