Identification between different accounts in global inbox?

Is there anyway to easily see what account an email in the global inbox is from? I.e. a different coloured border or something?

Hello Paul,
unfortunately by default you cannot set colors to accounts.
You can view the accounts in column view (so, perhaps move the Account column to the front so it’s the first thing you see in the line).
Or, as a workaround, you can set a rule to attach a category (and with it, a color) upon every received mail with a certain account.
The rules would look like this:

After message has been received
received using {account}
set categories {colored category}

Hope this is a bit helpful :slight_smile:

Regards,
Olivia

I had the same need and it looks like a lot of people do. Apps like Mailbord enable this. I think the Rules workaround is a good one. The account column disappears in a narrow vertical window view, so, unfortunately, that method does not always work. Please add this capability so that people don’t need to make workaround rules.

Thanks!

One option is after setting up the categories Rule, have the text displayed in the category color, so no matter which columns are displayed you can distinguish the accounts. To do that select Menu > Tools > Settings > Appearance > Lists > Use color of category as text color.

Another thing you can do is use a single-line view even in a narrow message list. You can change that setting in Menu > Tools > Settings > Mail > Read > Message List.