iCloud calendar sync not working!

My iCloud calendar was working fine until today. It’s showing the red triangle saying that connection failed when I’ve done everything right with app-specific password and enabling two-factor authentication from the iCloud side. I just don’t understand why all of a sudden the connection fails when I didn’t change any settings.

I also tried deleting the iCloud account and add it again but no luck. Could anyone please tell me how I could fix this?

Generally if it was working just fine, and you didn’t change anything, but then it wasn’t working, then the issue is with the server. Maybe contact the provider and find out if there are any issues.

miércoles 16 diciembre 2020 :: 1001hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @byoun

There has been a Google outage…

“Google has posted more details about its 50 minute outage yesterday, though promising a “full incident report” to follow. It was authentication that broke, reminiscent of Microsoft’s September cloud outage caused by an Azure Active Directory failure”
In an update to its Cloud Status dashboard, Google said that: “The root cause was an issue in our automated quota management system which reduced capacity for Google’s central identity management system, causing it to return errors globally. As a result, we couldn’t verify that user requests were authenticated and served errors to our users.”

Not mentioned is the fact that the same dashboard showed all green during at least the first part of the outage. Perhaps it did not attempt to authenticate against the services, which were otherwise running OK. As so often, Twitter proved more reliable for status information.

Services affected included Cloud Console, Cloud Storage, BigQuery, Google Kubernetes Engine, Gmail, Calendar, Meet, Docs and Drive.

“Many of our internal users and tools experienced similar errors, which added delays to our outage external communication,” the search and advertising giant confessed.

¡Saludos desde la soleada España!


[email protected]

Hi @Gary and @skybat,

Super delayed response but still wanted to leave a msg to show my appreciation for your responses.

So after 5 calls with Apple support, I eventually figured out the problem was with one of my iCalendars that seemed to have been corrupted by a malware called “ScanEventHandler,” which also seems to have coincided with the Google outage that affected the iCloud service! So weird…

Since only one of my calendars was corrupted, it wasn’t syncing at all with my iOS calendar and of course with eM Client. So I basically backed up the past events of that corrupt calendar, deleted the calendar all together, then removed the iCloud calendar account from eM Client and re-added the account and it solved everything!