iCloud calendar "server says unauthorized" issue

Hi all,

I’ve been using eM Client for a few months - top program, absolutely love it, and I recently changed all my e-mail/calendar/contacts over from Gmail to iCloud.

Everything worked without any problems and all synced together perfectly. Then, on Wednesday morning this week, I switched everything on as normal and was presented with a pop-up window saying Server says “unauthorized”. I wasn’t sure what this was all about it a quick few checks I discovered that it wasn’t accessing my calendar, though my mail and contacts were fine.

It asks me for my password and I enter it but the message keeps appearing no matter how many times I put my password in.

I have tried deleting the account and restoring it, and also deleting and reinstalling eM Client, but no joy and the problem persists today (Thursday). I am using the latest version of eM Client and there are no updates available.

Is this likely to be an iCloud issue or is it a problem with eM Client? Any advice/support will be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Gareth

Hello,

I remember Apple forced users to change password once a year, if it is still true try logging to https://www.icloud.com/

If not then please send me CalDAV logs from your account, tools - setting - advanced, check CalDAV under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

then try to login and after same error message will occur then send - logs… to [email protected] with this topic’s url or subject.

then you can turn logging off.

Also contacts or email under iCloud works?

with regards
Jan

Many thanks Jan. I have sent you an e-mail as requested.

I have received your logs, since my colleague will be of office until end of this week, I will respond to you at monday/tuesday.

with regards
Jan

Hello Jan,

I was wondering if there was any news on this one at all yet?

Regards,

Gareth

Hi,

yes, I am sorry for longer delay, anyway response from my colleague was that there are no issues visible in log, but you could try using your original email address as it looks like it was set by some non icloud email in the start.

with regards
Jan

Hello Jan,

I am able to access my old calendar with the previous account I used on eM Client but that is of no real use to me as that account is basically redundant and the calendar entries are out of date.

What I don’t understand is how everything was working for so long with my personal iCloud account on eM Client but the calendar access just stopped suddenly while my mail and contacts continue to be accessible.

I have a work iCloud account set up on eM Client too and the calendar for that account works fine.

I have un-installed and re-installed eM Client on numerous occasions and still had the same problem. I have even tried the beta version of eM Client 6 and it still occurs.

Unfortunately I am not able to transfer the calendar entries from my personal iCloud account to my work one, otherwise that would solve the problem I think.

Regards,

Gareth Davis

can I ask if you have tried to contact Apple’s support? this is clearly lost account, if you cant connect to it even from icloud interface then we are unable to provide any help with it definitely…

Jan

Hello Jan,

I have spoken to Apple directly and also put this problem out on their support forums and the response coming back is that the problem is not at my Apple account’s end.

I am able to access the calendar on my account via the iCloud web portal, via my iPhone and iPad, and I was able to access it via eM Client too and then the next day I was not able to access it.

I have done several complete uninstalls of eM Client, including then cleaning my PC up for leftover files, followed by restarting my PC and reinstalling eM Client, but nothing has solved the problem.

For some reason, eM Client on my PC stopped talking to the calendar on my personal iCloud account, yet it continues to talk to the mail and contacts list, as well as the mail, contacts and calendars on my work iCloud account.

Regards,

Gareth

Hmm, in this case could you try using just username without domain for calendar?

Jan

I have the same issue, iCloud calendar didn’t work

https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

having the same issue. server sais “unauthorized”. is there a bugfix soon?

Hi, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About? What mail service are you using with eM Client?

Are you using two step verification setting for your account?

Regards,
Paul

hi paul, currently using version 6.0.21372.0.
would like to set up my icloud calendar on em client. it just doesn’t work.
and yes, apple two step verification is active. is that the problem?

Did you setup the application using the app specific password generated on your mail server?
If you’re using the two step verification method, you have to generate an app specific password for use with eM Client, set up the account using your mail address and this password, and you should be able to synchronize your calendars without any additional issues.

Or are you only unable to synchronize your calendar?

Thank you,
Paul

hi paul. with the app specific password it finally works.
thank you so much!!

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul