I tried to add a new account, but where it says to enter email and password, there is only the box to enter email.

I am trying to add a second email account. I tried to add a new account, but where it says to enter email and password, there is only the box to enter email.

I think that, after you enter mail, you click and will be asked to enter password.

Hello Jim, exactly as France suggested, enter your email and confirm, this is due to different authentication options with different email servers, eM Client detects your server, and asks for password below unless it detects a different authentication method, for example OAuth with gmail, which opens a new window and requires an online sign-in to your account and receive permission.

Hope this helps,

I’ve tried what was suggested, but all I get when I press enter after putting in the email address is the constant circle.  After a  couple of minutes I get the message that it could not be established, to check email address or add account manually.

Jim

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please try to update to this release, 6.0.22504.0 and check if the issue persists? If you’re using any security software on your computer such as Firewall or proxy, please try to temporarily disable any security elements that might be blocking the connection and check again if you’re unable to setup.

This however could also suggest that no auto-discover preferences were found on your domain and thus eM Client can’t automatically setup the account. What mail service/account are you trying to setup?

I am trying to add att.net.  I updated to the version you suggested, shut off the Firewall protection and I got the same results.

Hello again Jim, you can try to setup the account manually using your mail server’s recommended settings, navigate to Tools > Accounts > New account, but instead of using the automatic setup, please navigate to the Mail tab below and select the ‘Other’ option. Proceed with the steps and check if you’re able to setup the account manually.

Regards,

Ok, thanks for your help.  I was able to add my att.net account manually.

Glad it works, let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,