I "STUPIDLY" updated to the new version!

I “STUPIDLY” updated to the new version! NOW I cannot send ANYTHING from the account I had set up! I DO NOT WANT TO OPEN A MICROSOFT EMAIL ACCOUNT LIKE IT PROMPTED ME TO DO! I WANT TO USE THE Q.COM ACCOUNT I WAS USING UNTIL THIS STUPID UPDATE! AND DO NOT ADVISE ME TO ENTER THE IMAP AND STMP SETTINGS, IT’S ALREADY THERE!

I’m a new user, so haven’t had to go through your exact issue - I do sympathise.  My first action for a problem like this would be to attempt to add your account again (as if it was a new email account).  If the new account is successful and gets you back to normal running, you could then delete the currently unworking account.

Thomas you are a genius! 
Hopefully it will put an end to the Microsoft Email prompt! 
Thing is, if whomever wrote the update right I should not have needed to do that.

Happy to help, glad it got you going again.  Without including your passwords (of course) it might help them replicate your issue if you posted the specific (Q.com?) mail server settings that stopped working - they should be able to avoid this kind of thing a bit easier.  Just a thought!

It was the login that stopped working because whomever wrote the update didn’t copy the settings. 
When I added it the same IMAP and SMPT settings that were associated with the original account were automatically filled back in.

Same problem with updating to version 7.1.30794.0
could not connect to any pop or imap accounts, creating new account did not work.
Uninstalled and reverted to previous version  - all ok.

Thanks. I went through hell after update of 7.0 so its good to know to avoid updating to 7.1 as well. Thanks

Good news is that Thomas’s suggestion fixed my problem. Adding my q.com email address as a second email account and making sure the IMAP plus SMPT were there worked. I then refreshed my email with the receive send and the second add worked. Then I deleted the first q.com account. It stopped the stupid Microsoft email thing from popping up. I will think twice about that stupid update when another pop ups in the future and will probably click “No”.

How do you do that?

I, too, am really pissed off. I wish I’d seen this thread before I updated. I’m now looking for another email client. This one is useless.

Thomas’s suggestion about adding my q.com email address again as a second email account solved the problem. Just go to Menu, Tools and click on Accounts.
Click on the plus sign at the bottom left corner and add your email address that you use as a new account. I checked to makes sure the IMAP and SMTP settings were there. 
I then clicked on Okay and went to the second account I added which was below the one that quit working. I hit refresh to make sure it worked and went back to delete the old one at the top of the accounts.

Thanks for this but it didn’t work for me. I’m about to delete em client thanks to this faulty update. I could send before this but not now.

I find it interesting how there is no way to contact eM Client unless you pay for the product. Why would I pay for a product where the free version doesn’t work?

I did voice my opinion on their Facebook page but, didn’t get a response. Didn’t really expected to get a response. It did allow me to vent and I shared it for all to see.

I agree  - this update is terrible!!  I’m looking into others after using this for 5+ years.  If I wanted a gmail appearance, I’d use gmail.  It’s taking up FAR more memory and I’m getting sync errors for my accounts all over the place :frowning:

I normally ignore updates but I use my email a lot and It was getting a wee bit glitchy
Now I have updated and everything is terrible
It wont sync properly- keeps telling me I’m offline. I dont have a “send-receive” button anymore and it did not download all my previously downloaded messages so the search function finds even less than it did before! (the search has always been crap though)
If it wasn’t for the fact we have been banned form using outlook in our office I would be installing it in a flash over this program
I loved it in the beginning but each update it has just got worse and worse! I’m now up to version 7.1.31849.0 - I really wish I’d stuck to my gut instinct and not bother
Now looking for a new Email client or just get used to using the google interface

I have to disagree with you Tracy. All I see is the application getting better with each update. As a Pro License user, you have the option and should open a support ticket for the problems you are having. They will be happy to help you out.

But help is also available on this forum. Some things I can comment on:

There is a send/receive button, but it is labelled as Refresh. Top left of the application. With IMAP though, there is no need to have a send/receive button. Sending messages is automatic anyway when you click send after composing the message. Receive works by the server pushing new messages to you as soon as they arrive, so you do not have to manually collect them or wait for a scheduled sync.

For the search function to work properly, you need to enable offline use. You will find that in Menu > Tools > Accounts, then in the IMAP tab in the offline section. The search function is actually quite good. If you would like to define what crappy means I am sure someone can explain further how to use it.

You can always go back to an older version, if that was working better for you. Uninstall the current version, then go to http://www.emclient.com/release-history and download the version you require. Depending on how far back you go, you may also have to delete the current database before you can use the older application. To delete the database, close eM Client, and then delete or rename C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\eM Client. You may have to show hidden items in Explorer to do that.