I keep getting the message: (IMAP) an attempt to connect to [email protected] failed. This could be...

I keep getting the message: (IMAP) an attempt to connect to [email protected] failed. This could eb caused by temporay server unavailability or incorrect settings. I keep lettying it fix the settings but they still don’t work. Please help.

You can disable your anti-virus application, then try again.

That did allow me to get my emails off the server.  Thank you.  Will I have to do that every time?  That would be risky wouldn’t it?

You should be able to configure your anti-virus application to allow eM Client to pass through. It will either be the application or the port.

To find out which port eM Client is using, go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and click on the IMAP tab. It is usually port 993.

I’m having the same problem, but with my POP3/SMTP settings. Before this week, I have never had a problem sending messages to people. It has only been lately that I have been experiencing failed sends to three particular parties. The information below is from the most recent, taken from the ‘failure log - detail’). My husband can send without problems. We compared our settings, and they are different in several fields - however, there doesn’t seem to be a way to change my settings to mirror his. We’ve tried several things, but with no success.
Hoping someone has an answer. I’m beyond being frustrated.
(note: I am receiving emails just fine… or at least, I think I am. No one has complained.)

Log [detail tab]

6:27:35 PM mail.consxxxxxx.net [SMTP] Connecting: T mail.consxxxxxx.net

6:27:35 PM mail.consxxxxxx.net [POP3] Connecting: To mail.consxxxxxx.net

6:27:36 PM mail.consxxxxxx.net [SMTP] Connected: To mail.consxxxxxx.net

6:27:36 PM mail.consxxxxxx.net [SMTP] Sending messages

6:27:36 PM mail.consxxxxxx.net [POP3] Connected: To mail.consxxxxxx.net

6:27:36 PM mail.consxxxxxx.net [SMTP] Sending messages: Recipient address ‘[email protected]’ not accepted due to the following reasons:

6:27:36 PM  “5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied

6:27:36 PM  “

6:27:36 PM   MailClient.Storage.Application.ItemOperationException: Cannot send message (Email recipient not accepted by the server.)

6:27:36 PM mail.consxxxxxx.net [SMTP] Disconnected: From mail.consxxxxxx.net

6:27:36 PM mail.consxxxxxx.net [SMTP] Disconnected: Done

6:27:38 PM mail.consxxxxxx.net [POP3] Downloading messages:  From mail.consolidate.net

6:27:38 PM mail.consxxxxxx.net [POP3] Disconnected: From mail.consxxxxxx.net

6:27:38 PM mail.consxxxxxx.net [POP3] Disconnected: Done85

Mona, I think you should contact consolidate.net and ask them why the address is rejected.

They refused to help me; told me to find a phone number for eM Client.

I worked on it and worked on it and FINALLY did something that made it work. Didn’t take notes, however, so I can’t say what was wrong. Thanks for your input Gary Curtin. At least someone made a suggestion. Blessings!