I keep getting an error message saying my emai ltrying to connect to my email.

I keep getting an error message saying my emailtrying to connect to my email. (SMTP) an attempt to connect to my email failed This could be caused by temorary server unavailability or incorrect settings . Do you want to check settings? I do check but dont know what is correct. Any help on this annoying error message? I can send emails and get emails, its just annoying.

The most common cause of this is the anti-virus/firewall application. Disable that then try again.

If that still does not work, in eM Client go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and click on the SMTP tab for the problem account. Make sure you have one of the following port/security policy combinations:

Port 587 = Force usage of SSL/TLS
Port 25 = Use SSL/TLS if available
Port 465 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

1 Like

Thank you. The firewall was the problem. I appreciate your help.

What I don’t get is why a firewall/AV is a problem with V8 and wasn’t with 7. Anyone? I don’t fancy disabling either so I can use v8.

1 Like

I have the same problem, only in the beginning. After 1 minute everything is fine. I use Bitdefender and I suspect it is like that until everything settles in Bitdefender.
DO anyone knows for sure. I will not disable firewall to use the program.

Any news about it? I keep having this whenever I open emclient and then ot connects.

Yes, I found my Advast security email security was blocking my emails. So I had to go into it to allow emails.

Yes, its odd. My Advast security was blocking my emails. So I had to allow it. Thanks