It bit me yesterday, but I thought I had figured out it’s quirks and knew how to work around it. Well tonight I ran it on a large folder, in the hopes of removing the duplicates that this software itself had created. Instead of moving the duplicates to the trash as I told it to, it permanently deleted ALL files from the folder. Somewhere around 2000 emails gone. Poof. Lost forever.
Fortunately, I had a recent backup using another email client due to all the issues with this thing, and after an hour or two of lost time and frustration, I was able to restore the lost emails.
If you must use it, I suggest using the “Move to folder” option. At least then you have a fighting chance of it not ruining your day.