I have used email Client for some time; now messages will NOT download. The status bar runs and runs but the message does not load.

I have used email Client for some time without any issues. Lately it seems that messages will NOT download. The status bar just shows constant activity (…) but the message does not load.

Same here, last week or two.

Same here, since Sunday. My Comcast e-mail downloads, but my Gmail e-mail will not download. I have been able to send e-mails from both accounts with no problem.

Hi Douglas, sorry for my belated reply, are you still having issues with this? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact version number in Help > About?

What mail service(s) are you using that seem to be having issues fetching new messages?

Are you seeing any errors thrown by the application, if so, can you please make as screenshot of the error and submit it to us here on the forum?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul,

The issue disappeared for two days but reappeared this morning.  I cannot read my Google Mail (but I can read my Outlook mail). I am using eM Client 6.0.213720.0. Thank you for your reply.

Hello, I have exactly the same problem with gmail account. Status bar is stuck,and round indicator at the account bar on the left spins endlessly. I can see emails in the browser sometimes 30, 40 minutes before they appear in the eM Client. When they finally do it takes some time for the content to appear. No error messages on my side so far. Started last weekend for me (my eM Client v is  6.0.21372.0) Thanks for your help!

EXACTLY my situation (including the time when the problem appeared).

Hi Przemek, can you please update your eM Client to this release, http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.22065/setup.msi and check if the issue persists? If it does, can you please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable IMAP logging for the problematic account?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    Once the error reoccurs, can you please go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logs to us, using the “Send logs” button?
    Submit the logs to my email directly, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul

I do have this Problem too. It started today. Win 8.1/64bit v6.0.22065

Dear Paul, many thanks. Unfortunately it did not work. I am sending you e-mail with logs. Thanks! Best, Przemek

I did the same thing as Przemek. Now my eM Client crashes EACH time I try to open it.  I am so glad I never paid for this program.  I will install Thunderbird (a free program that is STABLE). 

I don’t know how for you guys, but today for me it works all fine as it did before the problem. Thanks Paul.

Since others (using different e-mail providers I assume) do not see such issues I suspected Google to be in charge for this behavior.

Of course emClient should handle issues like this and not crash (and I mean a real crash and not just an error message of course), one cannot blame emClient for mis-configurated hosts out there.

I’ve noticed those and similar postings here from time to time and almost every time the cause could be found at Google, Microsoft and various others, too.

cu,
Michael

Hi again Przemek,
thank you for the received logs, I’m glad your connection is working properly however I believe this has been caused by some temporary issue on the gmail’s servers as the logs you’ve sent do not seem to show any connectivity issues and the IDLE connection between your email client and the server is running without throwing any errors or connectivity disruptions.

Hope you will no longer receive these issue, but if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, please let us know, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul

Thanks Paul, all best!

Hi Mike, of course many of the account/protocol issues may be held on our side as well as on the servers side, I’m unfortunately dependent on the developers here in eM Client, our believes are in developing an email client that will follow all current standards in the best way possible to avoid any issues on our side, however server issues can still make our work very tricky, if the other side stops following the standards or just hangs on a temporary issue, I hope this was one of those temporary issues.

But in case you’re still having any issues with the sync or if your application crashes please submit the error log or crash log to us for more information, we’ll be happy to help you resolve the issue.

Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul, unfortunately it happens again, maybe effects are even stronger as eM freezes now for long time and I am not able to send log. I am not sure if this is gmail’s problem as I set another account and works o.k. (all settings are same for both, also gmail settings from the level browser). Anyway, when (if) it come back from the freeze it’s in now, I will try to send logs. All best, Przemek

Paul, FYI I don’t have any problems with GMail, Google and whatsoever, I simply don’t use those providers and keep my e-mails private on my own domain :wink: