I have just lost all my Local Folders. How do I get them back?

My Local Folders have disappeared.  I have been using Version 7 for several weeks.  I was checking my emails and went to move one into a folder when I found all folders had gone!  Please help.  I need information which is stored in them.   
Judith

You can show or hide Local Folders in Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Show Local Folders.

Thanks Gary - that does not work.  I have already tried it and Show Local Folders is selected, with no change.
Judith

Thanks Gary.  I have already tried that and Show Local Folders is already selected.   I still cannot access any local folders.  I need a fix.

Can you provide a screenshot of what you see?

Gary - For some inexplicable reason my local folders just reappeared!   I don’t know how or why, but they are back.  Thanks for your suggestions.
Judith

Folders in eMclient do not work reliably or not at all. Support is nothing but hot air. What a useless piece of rubbish.

Me, too.

Local Folders can be hidden or displayed as I mentioned above. Fortunately in that case there is no loss of data, it is just hidden.

What may be an issue, is if you have a POP account, with it’s own local folders (not quite the same thing as Local Folders) and the account is removed from eM Client. Then those folders will be completely deleted, and the data will be lost.

None of this works for me, thanks anyway.  I was hoping someone had a new idea.  Unfortunately, I don’t have the time or the experience to keep playing about with this if there is no definite, easy fix. 

If you have selected to show the Local Folders in Settings, can you not see them on the folder tree in the left pane?

Nope.  That’s my problem.  Several other people seem to have had it as well.  I know the folders are there, but I can’t make them available.  They used to be there, and suddenly they’re not.

Close eM Client and run C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\DbRepair.exe. See if that makes any difference.

Have tried that but "show local folders does not come up. There is "local folders in side bar but none of them has anything in them

If you go to Menu > Tools > Settings > General > General, there is an option to Show Local Folders. These will then appear in your left side-bar. Don’t recall anyone ever selecting this option and the Local Folders do “not come up”.

But you said they are there? Are they or aren’t they?

If they are and there is nothing in them, then maybe there is something you changed recently. Did you delete a POP3 account from eM Client? Did you change or delete the database location?

Windows 10: Log in as admin. Show hidden folders.