I have just added an email account and cannot see any sub -folders

I have just added an email account and cannot see any sub -folders. All I see is the Inbox of this account. I have just downloaded eMClient for the first time and it has worked fine with my Gmail account but not the other. I am wondering if I set the new account up incorrectly. Any help appreciated.

Who is the email provider?

A possibility is that there is some error syncing with the server for the first time. If you go to Menu > Tools > Operations and look for any errors for this account in the Log tab. 

It may also be that you have setup the account as POP3. If you go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and click on this new email account, does it have an IMAP or POP3 tab?

IMAP syncs with the server, so whatever folders are on the server will appear in eM Client. POP3 only downloads messages from the Inbox and does not sync with the server, so it will not display the folders that are on the server.

Gary you are correct, I chose the auto setup option and it is a POP3 account. Should I delete it and start again or can I edit the settings ? It’s for an Australian provider Telstra/Big Pond.

Gary, also does eM Client only read off the servers or does it download folders and mails like Outlook desktop client does (where it creates huge .OST files) ? 

Usually eM Client will setup the account as IMAP when using the Automatic Setup. It might be that the server did not provide the necessary information. Whatever the case, you can do it manually and see if that works for you.

First make a backup, just in case. You can do that in Menu > File > Backup.

Then go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and delete the Telstra account by clicking on the bin icon. Then add a new account by clicking on the + icon.

Instead of using the Automatic Setup, choose Mail > Other.

After entering your email address you will be able to choose between POP3 and IMAP. Choose IMAP and complete the account setup.

With IMAP, eM Client will only download the message headers by default. That means that the message database on the computer could be quite small.

If you select the offline option in the account settings, the message content including any attachments will be downloaded to the computer and the database could be quite big.

All fixed Gary thx for the advice !!!

It all works fin e now thanks a lot Gary ++++++

thanks again Gary :-))))))))))))))))))))))))