I have 2 Pro licenses and 1 workstation SSD died How can i restore from an backup?

How can i restore from an backup?

Copy the backup zip file to …\Documents\eM Client.

In eM Client, go to Menu > File > Restore. It will automatically detect the backup zip file and ask for confirmation that you want to restore it.

It is important to make backups on external drives.
Not only for eM Client but also for all your data.

@Gary Does the backup operation also backup the license information?
My windows OS doesn’t work properly these days and I want to freshly reintall it, I am not sure whether the backup and restore operation can transfer my Pro license to the fresh OS.

No, it doesn’t transfer the license if you are restoring it on a fresh installation of Windows.

Once the install is complete, go to Menu > Help > License > Activate and paste in your license key. If you have lost the key, you can have it resent to your from here.

@Gary
Should I firstly deactive the license in the old installation via “Menu > Help > License > Deactivate” before I reinstall the OS?

With Free or regular Pro licenses, it is not necessary to first deactivate it on the old device.

With Pro Business licenses you will need to deactivate it on the old device, or through your license manager.

It’s clear to me now, I think I can rest assured to refresh the OS. Thank you very much!