I cannot restore my data after I deleted my emclient to upgrade

My error, I should have said what was the ORIGINAL location, not the current location.

I believe the original location would be this: C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\eM Client (XXXXXXX would be unique to your system)… let me know if I am right…

Al, apparently there was a restriction on the number of posts on my first day here in the forum.
How stupid is that? LOL Anyway yes you are right…its virtually identical to the folder on my desktop?

Let’s see if we can get you back to “I just want to restore it to the way it was”
I am assuming that the file on your desktop is the contents of this folder:
C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\eM Client
No promises, but something I might attempt <aka, a “hail mary”> else wait for someone else to chime in with a different solution.

(1) Uninstall eMC, deleting the database.
(2) Install the last 7.x version of eMC from Release History | eM Client
(3) No need to create accounts or anything else… close EMC
(4) COPY the folder CONTENTS from your desktop (the “saved” file) to an EMPTY
C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\eM Client (XXXXXXX = change to what you use on your system)

Start eMC

1 Like

@Wil Yes as @sunriseal advised everything in (your first screenshot below) should normally go in the default eM Client hidden folder - “C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\eM Client”. Make sure you (delete everything in that hidden folder) before pasting your prev .zip below stuff in that folder.

Thanks guys, I’ll try that tomorrow…much appreciated

I fixed it on my own as it turns out, managed to find all of my contacts, which was my biggest thing… Talk about making life difficult…wow…
You two guys were great though and thanks!

1 Like