I cannot receive emails unless I close and re-open EM Client.

I cannot receive emails unless I close and re-open EM Client.

I can send emails without any issue at all. The second I press send the emails go out.

If I leave my EM Client idle it will not receive new emails automatically. If I click “refresh” the new emails do not come down. It’s only when I close and re-open EM client that the new emails come down.

I’m using IMAP setup for Gmail.

It’s worth noting that everything worked flawlessly for about 2 weeks and no setting were changed on Google or my EM Client.

I adjusted my synchronization time from the default 3 minutes to 10 minutes and that didn’t seem to help either.

Thanks for any support in advance.

Hello Tony,

please try removing the Gmail account and re-configure it in Menu > Tools > Accounts > Add account. The re-config should help the sync issues.

Russel

Hello Russel,

Thank you so much for your reply. Sorry I did not detail more of the troubleshooting steps that I’ve completed.

1. I tried completely removing the google account (including completely deleting my data file) and letting all the emails re-download. The problem eventually returns.
  2. I tried completely uninstalling em client, deleting my data file and then reinstalling em client and re-configuring the google account. The problem eventually returns. :frowning:

Thanks again,

-Tony

Hello Tony,

Then please try disabling your antivirus/firewall. It is possible that these programs are blocking eM Client from syncing with your mail server.

Russel 

Hi Russel,

Thanks again,

No antivirus/firewall software running. Even disabled Windows Defender temporarily with no success. 

Tried installing and running EM Client on 2 separate Windows 10 machines with the same account and end up with the same result.

I have 5 users using EM Client with Gmail and they all work flawlessly except the one… :frowning:

Thanks again,

Tony