I cannot read though I can send. I get a page This folder contains no items and no operation can be performed. New invite to em client

I have already had a kind reply from Olivia Rust asking for more detail. I have tried a number of things such as uninstalling em client, going over to windows 10 and then reinstalling but the problem remains. What happens is that I can no longer read messages on either of my accounts, onetel or gmail, though I can send. When I go to em Client I come up on a page that cannot be got rid of or escaped from: This folder contains no items and no operation can be performed. New invite to em client

Hi Martin,
please next time, do NOT start a new forum topic for the same problem, it becomes very difficult to follow the whole issue that way. I’ll post the first part of your problem here so we know the whole context of it https://console.getsatisfaction.com/e…, and then please continue talking to me here on this thread so I can help you solve it.

As for you issue, thank you for more information. Can you take a screenshot of what you eM Client looks like when you’re stuck on this page? Thank you.

Best regards,
Olivia