I can receive Hotmail but cannot send hotmails, Gmail works fine

I have no problem receiving any emails to my Hotmail address using eM client, I cannot send an email out from my Hotmail account it just stays in the outbox, I can use Hotmail through their page no problem sending and receiving, Gmail through eM client works fine sending and receiving.
Any help would be appreciated to solve this issue
Thanks

Thanks Gary, Microsoft are a pain sometimes, I had an issue with eM Client and Hotmail several years ago when incoming and outgoing Hotmail messages wouldn’t work at all because of Microsoft’s security validation certificates if I remember correctly, it took weeks to rectify. Thanks for letting me know Gary
Kid Regards
Mic

Hello, I’m having problems with the workaround. this page/file useoldoutlookcomflow.reg does not seem to exist? Could you please explain where and how?

Regards,
Roberto

It is at the end of that page in a section called Attachments. There is a link to download the file.

Hello, Unfortunately this workaround did not work for me.any other suggestions?

Regards,
Robbo

Whoop whoop…I ran through your instructions for a fifth time and bingo, working… unless microsoft have now corrected the problem?

Regards,
Robbo

Hi Gary is there now a fix for sending Hotmail or Outlook emails out now, I see some talk about it but can’t find a link to the fix it or instructions on how to rectify the problem many of us are having.
Thanks
Regards
Mic

Yes, I gave the link to the instructions above. Here it is again:

Thanks Gary it works a treat
Kind regards

Thanks Gary, it works.

And here is the latest Microsoft problem with eM Client Gary by the look of it, this is the error I get today as follows [IMAP] Known Microsoft Exchange server error “User is authenticated but not connected.” has been encountered on IMAP connection. This issue is temporary and should be automatically resolved by the server. If not, please contact your mail provider.

1 Like

Was just coming here to say the same thing. Same error message/issue.

Hi Craig if you look at my comments and replies to Gary a team leader you will see what’s been happening in the last couple of weeks and this new issue could be part of an old problem, I have just followed the steps Gary gave me previously again removing permissions to eM client from Microsoft running a patch and relaunching eM client it worked the first time but not this time, I can send and receive my gmails no problem so I think we’ll have to blame one of Bill Gates mates again !