I am receiving multiple copies of every email I receive. How can I stop it?

Had trouble transferring stuff from Outlook; tried several times before it worked.  Now I’m receiving multiple copies of every incoming message. 

Hello Warren, not quite sure what you’re referring to, can you please make a screenshot of the issue? Are you using smart folders? What mail service are you using with eM Client? Are you using an IMAP account?

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Thank you,

eMversion 6.022344.0
I don’t know what a smart folder is, and I couldn’t figure out how to attach a screenshot.  But below is a copy of my inbox.  My eMail service is Verizon.net
PriorityAttachmentIconFromSubjectReceivedCategoryFlag Normal** False 0 eM Client Inc. New reply: I am receiving multiple copies of every email I receive. How … 5:16 AM False Normal False 0 eM Client Inc. New reply: I am receiving multiple copies of every email I receive. How … 5:16 AM False Normal False 0 eM Client Inc. New reply: I am receiving multiple copies of every email I receive. How … 5:16 AM False Normal False 0 eM Client Inc. New reply: I am receiving multiple copies of every email I receive. How … 5:16 AM False Normal False 0 eM Client Inc. New reply: I am receiving multiple copies of every email I receive. How … 5:16 AM False Normal False 0 eM Client Inc. New reply: I am receiving multiple copies of every email I receive. How … 5:16 AM False NormalFalseHasBeenReadeM Client Inc.New reply: I am receiving multiple copies of every email I receive. How …5:16 AMFalse Normal False 0 Corningware, Corelle, & More Retail Stores Pyrex 100 - Save 30% 1:49 AM False Normal False 0 Corningware, Corelle, & More Retail Stores Pyrex 100 - Save 30% 1:49 AM False Normal False 0 Corningware, Corelle, & More Retail Stores Pyrex 100 - Save 30% 1:49 AM False Normal False 0 Corningware, Corelle, & More Retail Stores Pyrex 100 - Save 30% 1:49 AM False Normal False 0 Corningware, Corelle, & More Retail Stores Pyrex 100 - Save 30% 1:49 AM False Normal False 0 Corningware, Corelle, & More Retail Stores Pyrex 100 - Save 30% 1:49 AM False Normal False 0 Corningware, Corelle, & More Retail Stores Pyrex 100 - Save 30% 1:49 AM False

And thanks for your prompt reply.
Warren**

Hello, I’m not really sure what you’ve submitted to me, but it doesn’t really help understand the issue. Please make a screenshot of the issue on your computer and attach it using the camera icon while adding a new reply on this forum topic.

Smart folders are virtual folders that collect for example all your unread email or all messages amongst your accounts. If you’re using multiple accounts you might be seeing all your items in these folders.

Regards,

Paul:
I figured out the screenshot.  See below.
Warren

Hello Warren, can unfortunately see the screenshot added, make sure it’s visible in your post before submitting the post to the thread.

Thank you,

Paul:
I believe I wrote earlier  that I had difficulty transferring from Outlook and might have done it several times.  Could that be the source of the problem, and should I uninstall and reinstall?
Warren

If you’ve imported your items multiple times, this may be the source of the problem, try to use the “Deduplicator” feature in Tools > Deduplicator and apply deduplicator to run through your folders where you see multiple emails, Deduplicator should be able to remove any additional messages that are duplicated.

It seems like you’ve only imported data from Outlook, note that you have two options to import data from Outlook, you can import your account settings which transfers your account settings including server addresses and passwords, or import your data from a PST file, which only imports the actual data like your emails, calendars etc. if you’re using local folders in outlook and don’t have your items synchronised with an IMAP server.

Regards,