HTML multipart email not shown correctly

I received an HTML email with PDF attached. Email content is shown correctly when using my email app on iOS (Spark). But with emClient 9 on W10 same email looks some kind of weird. In the header pane the sender address and subject is shown and when I put mouse over it, it also shows begin of HTML formatted message with the content I expect to be shown. It starts with .
But in the eM message pane, (format of email is set to html), I see only raw (encrypted) text starting with:
----boundary_303_274ae1c7-a2d8-4301-9f0b-8392792e82d0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=–boundary_302_c0bfcca3-34be-430b-ba5c-fe1f7a0eb467 ----boundary_302_c0bfcca3-34be-430b-ba5c-fe1f7a0eb467 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 PCFET0NUWVBFIEhUTUwgUFVCTElDICItLy9XM0MvL0RURCBIVE1MIDQuMCBUcmFuc2l0 aW9uYWwvL0VOIj4NCjxIVE1MPg0KPEhFQUQ+PE1FVEEgaHR0cC1lcXVpdj0iQ29udGVu
… [more such parts coming]
Whats going wrong here?

It looks like some of my typing didn’t make it in the message (probably because it is HTML):
Maybe it works this way: "It (on mouse pointer) starts with : “<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC …” [there is more shown here even the start of the text I expect to be shown in message pane].

This is most likely a server error giving invalid headers during the initial sync.

In version 9 you can right-click in the message body and choose Properties > Repair > Repair. This will download the raw code from the server, and eM Client should display it correctly.

1 Like

I got it working that way. Still there is a small display problem with the charset (all german umlauts shown wrong - e.g. für instead of für ) but in general its good now. Thank you