How to view gmail folder tag in eM Client?

I have many rules in gmail which copy emails to different folders as the emails arrive.  When an email arrives in gmail I can see which folder tag has been applied.  However, with eM Client I can’t see the gmail folder tags.  I’m left guessing if a particular email has gone into the correct folder.

I’ve tried View >> Columns >> Folder but this doesn’t seem to do anything.  How do I get my gmail folder tags to appear in the email header within the eM client?

Hi Lou, do you mean labels? Unfortunately eM Client does not support Gmail’s labeling system, this is unfortunately a Gmail feature only.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

Paul,
In gmail the folder name where the email will be copied to is also in the email header, i.e., a “label”.  What about if I set up rules in the eM Client?  Is there a tag/label in the header so I know where the email is going or is this not supported either.  I haven’t tried it yet but I figured I’d ask.  

To me anyway, it seems reasonable for me to want to know which folder my email is going into without having to look in the folder itself.  Without such a feature I’ll have to constantly toggle between eM and gmail to see if my emails are being stored in the right places.

Thx,
Lou

Hi Lou, Gmail labels are not supported and are not included in the header of the email, it is an internal thing for Gmail, e.g. we can not support showing what labels are assigned to your message, when an email is labeled by gmail for IMAP connections we just see the email multiplied, but each will be assigned to another folder (because each of these labels will create a new duplicate message for IMAP connections and assign it with another UID).

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Paul.
Okay, thx for the reply.  I happen to rely on labels and folders quite abit.  Maybe eM Client will come up with their own version of “Labels” someday.  

Thx,
Lou

Hi Lou, maybe you mean Categories, categories are already an included feature and you can use rules to assign categories just as with labels probably.
Labels are currently a Gmail only feature that is not supported by email clients, but we’re currently not considering adding own labels to the application.

Thank you for understanding,

if you remain using eM Client despite this inconvenience, please keep us posted if you come across any other questions or issues regarding the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.