How to use eM Client through a proxy at work?

Hello!
I hope you can answer this question for me. Our connection at work uses a proxy (10.1.x.x:8080) to connect to the internet. This proxy has some restrictions on it, and unfortunately one of the side effects is not being able to send email (gmail) using any email client. I can receive email, but I cannot sent email (I have to use the browser to send email).

I just have a simple Gmail account that I want to use with eM Client, but if I am not able to send email, it sort of defeats the purpose of having an email client. Is there any setting that I can change, or anything I can do to make eM be able to send emails through this proxy?

Thanks!

Hello,

if you are authenticating with Windows Credentials please contact me on [email protected]

if you are using different authenticating system, then unfortunately I will not be able to help you directly, but you could try “proxifier”.

regards
Jan

Jan,
Sent you an email… I did try entering the proxy into Proxifier, but it made things even worse…could not even connect after that.

Davide

Hello,

I have responded to you on email, please contact me there only. After I will find solution (or no solution at all) I will post it here to inform another users/clients.

regards
Jan

The posts are 1 year old. Now I have the same problem with the current eM Client 6.0 and Win7: the comany-network uses a proxy! Are there any solutions beside the obsolete software Proxifier?

Hi Jurgen, if you’re using Windows Credentials for proxy authentication, can you please send me an email to [email protected] regarding this issue?

Thank you,
Paul.

in my case, I edited the file “MailClient.exe.config” and it worked
search the internet for “proxy authentication app.config”

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

http://10.0.65.254:3128"; />

Hi, thank you for sharing your solution, just to note this should work when using no authentication with the proxy server.
We also have a solution for proxy setup using windows credentials. If you’re using windows credentials for authentication with proxy server, send us an email and we can send you an edited config file.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Nicasso, thx for your post. I tried it, but without success.
The Error-Window shows “[IMAP] Connection Error” AND “[XMPP] Connection error”

The Diagnostcs shows something like “Server not responding”

Why is there no setting for this in the program? I’m using socks5 with ssh as proxy. My mail configuration on the server is locked so that i need to use this socks5 to be able to access it with clients.

Hi again Jürgen,
can you please make a screenshot of the error and when it occurs switch to the log/history tab and copy the content of the log as well?

eM Client does not support proxy, Anders from what you wrote I understand you’re using some sort of authentication, so unless you’re using windows credentials you won’t be able to use the application with your setup.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi,

unfortunately eM Client does not support proxy settings while using proxy authentication, unless you’re using your proxy with windows credentials, if you’re using proxy with windows credentials, please download this configuration file (http://www.emclient.com/tools/MailClient.exe.Proxy.zip), and extract the MailClient.exe.config file and move it into your eM Client installation folder under Program Files.

Once you reopen the application you should be able to use your proxy setup, however note this only works while using windows credentials for authentication, other authentication method are not supported.

Thank you,
Paul