How to stop emails from being moved off Gmail Allmail

Hi, I have emclient 8.2.1659 and I have a rule that moves emails received from [email protected] to the local inbox.

But on Gmail.com there are only sent emails in my Allmail folder. Is Emclient removing the emails off the server when the move rule executes? And if so how can I stop that?

Perhaps the use of “Copy to folder” instead of “Move to folder” will work for you.

But on Gmail.com there are only sent emails in my Allmail folder

That is strange you have no Inbox emails in All Mail as All Mail normally does include the Inbox. Must be the rule setup causing it. Yes agree with @sunriseal to modify the rule for copy to folder instead.

The ‘All Mail’ folder in Gmail is where Gmail keeps all of its emails and labels are applied to show emails in various folders including the Inbox. So the ‘All Mail’ label is really an archive folder in Gmail.

@cyberzork

I do not use Gmail in eMC, so was really taking a WAG (Wild Ass Guess) considering “move” and “copy”. I was wondering if “move” is changed to “copy” would that result in duplicates in the Inbox?

Guess we will find out when the poster responds back.

1 Like

@sunriseal

I was wondering if “move” is changed to “copy” would that result in duplicates in the Inbox?

I don’t think so as it’s going to the local folder inbox outside Gmail, but as you said see what happens.

Thanks! That worked.

Glad to hear that. Starts the year off on a positive note :wink: :grinning: