How to specify installation folder?

How to specify the installation folder?

Currently setup.msi is using the default C:\Program Files (x86)\

but I need to install to my D: drive

Hello,
I am sorry, but it is not possible.

BR,
GW

Then eM Client is the only application I have which doesn’t let me choose!

I can edit the default program files location in the registry before installing and then put it back to default …

the installer also ignores the “ProgramFilesDir (x86)” value in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

If I cannot chose where to install this software, then I cannot use this. Too bad, as it looks promising.

Why are you limiting the users abilities on this?

Could you please explain why you need to install it to another location?

Developer should not make assumptions
it is irrelevant WHY I need to install it to another location
only that I MAY need to …
That is why high quality installers always let you choose your installation path

I my case it is because I install programs onto a non-boot volume

I am sorry but it is common trend these days.

Then we need to find uncommon software. Clearly em client is not that software.

Weak excuse, by the way, Very weak. Tells me all I need to know about this outfit…

We decided to not allow users to specify the installation folder because we believe this approach is more effective and may eliminate potential problems.

Unless I misunderstand the comments I have a company computer which houses my company email, I also have a personal email account that I also have on the company computer, however I do not want the actual emails on the computer so I put (in other programs) the emails on a separate external hard drive. so, program runs on company computer but database of emails, attachments, whatever someone sends me resides on my external hard drive…with no access to anyone except me? do I understand the topic and reasons?