How to set an imap path prefix?

In order to receive emails from my university account I have to set the imap path prefix to “mail”. imap is correctly configured so far, i can receive and send emails, but em client tries to sync dozens of other folders, which are in my account as well - but not part of the mail program. 
My android phone simply offered me a possibility to configure the prefix during setup, but I couldn’t find this function in eM Client. 
I hope someone can give me a hint

Hi Johannes,
if the mail server host for your imap mail is different from the one defined by automatic setup, you can change this setting in Tools>Accounts and check the IMAP tab of your account.

Regards,
Olivia

The problem is, the path prefix is not correct. The mail server host works well, but this prefix should be configured separately. I don’t know the exact technical background, but it can’t be included in the mail server host address, respectively I have not seen it (working) before. 
Any other ideas?
thanks in advance

Hi Johannes,
I consulted this case with our developers, and unfortunately it is not possible to add the prefix in eM Client at this time.
You can request this as a feature here on the forums under idea topic, because such accommodation is not currently among planned features.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia, 
thank you very much for your effort. I would appreciate the implementation of this feature and will request it the way you suggested. 
Regards,
Johannes

Same for me, I would also like to see this feature for using it with my preferred mail account.

I can access the inbox but things are too cluttered to work without the setting: The client lists all files from my unix home directory as email folders (a count of sixty-something, from .bashhistory to .Xresources) and hides the actual mail folders away in some subfolder.