how to seee new mail

I havejust installed em Client, and successfully imported all my outlook 2010 .pst files and mail account on BTopwnworld. My whole inbox is there with all old/filed emails. I can send a new mail too.  However, since lmported all my emails I have not managed to find out where the new mails are going to. I know they are comming in as I also haveMailbird and they show mails for togay. Yet em client has nothing for today yet.

Operations state - “downloading messages”
Errors state a number of “connection terminated prematurely”

Logs such as
20:18:18   MailClient.Storage.Application.OperationException: Connection terminated prematurely
and
20:18:18    at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.ReadMail(Int64 messageSize, Int64& downloadedBytes, Int64 totalBytes, WorkerStatus status)
or
20:15:54 [email protected] [POP3]  Downloading messages: From [email protected]

How can I get new mails and where do they go?

Kind  Regards

Typically POP3 emails go to the local folders.  Make sure local folders are displayed by going to menu/tools/settings/general/general and check “Show local folders”

I can see Local folders, but they only show the same emails as of yesterday - not todays - and not the one that was just sent telling me of your reply.

The Local Folders show the Inbox and all subfolders that I imported from Outlook 2010, There are no new mails shown here or in subfolders except the welcome one from em client, which I assume came with the installation.

Are there problems receiving from BTinternet/openworld?
I can send emails so why not receive them?

I’m going to try creating a different account with different email addres to see if that send and receives OK.

Dave

Any error messages?

Just added my other email address with gmail and it works fine. a

As for the BT one imported from Outlook:-

In Operations I get the following error some time after I log in.
Connection Terminated Prematurely

I also have the following logs

22:31:54 [email protected] [POP3]  Connected: To [email protected]

22:31:58 [email protected] [POP3]  Downloading messages: From [email protected]
22:34:27   MailClient.Storage.Application.OperationException: Connection terminated prematurely
22:34:27    at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.ReadMail(Int64 messageSize, Int64& downloadedBytes, Int64 totalBytes, WorkerStatus status)
22:34:27    at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
22:34:27    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Dave

Its getting late here now, so hopefully we can pick this up sometime tomorrow.

How about I try to just keep the old messages from Outlook as a record, and open a new account in the same address?  Can I do that?

Should be OK.  Might try disabling your antivirus software to see if that is the problem.  That’s typical with the connection terminated message.

Thanks for your help Jay,

Within Em Client I deleted the BTopenworld account that I imported from outlook, address and all data.

I then opened a new account using the same btopenworld address using my name as the account name.  That did the trick, and I can now send and receive emails OK.  The problem I had appears to be with the account details imported from Outlook 2010. 

I then imported just the data from Outlook 2010 so that I had a record of my OL2010 messages.  That worked fine to.

One further question to tie this off.  Where does eM Client store the messages that I imported from outlook? or does it just use the original.pst file that I imported from? 

Thanks and Regards,
Dave

It uses its own proprietary database located at c:\users[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\Local Folders\mail_data.dat

This is a hidden file (actually the entire AppData directory is hidden), so make sure you check view/view hidden files in Windows Explorer.