How to remove failed message from outbox?

I attempted to send a message with an attachment that is larger than gmail will allow. Em Client keeps trying to send the failed message. I can’t see the message to remove or delete it. Every time I close Em Client it states that there is a message in the outbox trying to send.

How can I remove it from the outbox when it doesn’t show up there?

Thank you!

Hi, you can try right clicking your account in the left side bar and selecting “Show/hide folders” and check if there’s an Outbox folder that might be hidden.
Can you please make a screenshot of the error message?

Thank you,
Paul.

When I right click I do not find any hidden outbox folders.

Hi again, thank you for the provided screenshots.
If I understand this right, the outbox of your gmail account is empty? Can you try checking the Smart folders which I see you have collapsed, there might be a smart outbox there.

If you can’t see it upon opening the list of smart folders, right click the smart folders item, select display > outbox and check if the message is not there.

Thank you,
Paul.

That was it. Thank you!

Great! Glad it worked, if you have any other questions or issues with the application, let us know.

Thank you,
Paul.

Ok…after I did the above I am now getting an error because after I deleted the problem email from the outbox it is now telling me it is too large to put in the “trash” but I can’t find anyway to remedy this problem.

I also am getting several other errors, most of which I was getting before this problem but hadn’t tried to fix them. Maybe you can tell how to stop them? Here is a screenshot of all the errors.

I found that if I click Edit Item in the Errors pane, fix the problem then click File - Save it allows you to get rid of message.

Hi Linda,

You can try to remove an e-mail from the ‘outbox’ by pressing [shift] + [delete] instead of just pressing [delete].

That should remove the message completely, without trying to move it to the ‘trash’ folder.

Hi Linda, please see Hans’ message below, by using shift + delete, should be an easy solution to this.

Thank you,
Paul.

The file that it says it is trying to remove that is too large for the trash bin is not visible anywhere that I can see. I had already deleted it not knowing it was going to cause this problem.  Then this error started and now I can’t find the file to shift-delete it.

Nor is there and “edit item” option int he errors pane.

Hi again, if you remember which folder was the email located in, can you try right clicking the folder select properties > repair and hit the repair button?
Also try this on the trash folder as well if it solves the issue.

You could also try logging into your webmail and try locating the message there, maybe using the search, if it’s not visible in eM client at all.

Thank you, I’m sorry you’re experiencing this,
Paul.

Hi Linda,

You should not try to delete the file with [shift] + [delete], but you should try to delete the e-mail (which has as attachment the big file) with [shift] + [delete].

Sorry, I did understand that.  The email isn’t there at all but I think the repair fixed it. The error hasn’t appeared again.

Great! Glad it works now and I hope it stays that way, if you have any other issues or questions regarding the application, let us know. We’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.