how to read all my emails in eM client if i open it first in phone or internet browser ?

it is somehow set up so that when I read the email on my mobile or Internet browser first. I will not see it in the eM Client and I can not see the email because I opened it elsewhere than in the eM client first.

If you’ve set up your email account on your mobile as a POP3 account, when you open up an email on your mobile it downloads it from your server & it won’t be available to view when you load up your email facility on your computer
If you set up your email account as an IMAP account then your emails will be there when you load up your emails on your computer. Setting it up this way also has the advantage of you being able to delete emails you don’t want on your mobile & leaving those you do want.
Hope that all makes sense ???

so I need to change the account type to IMAP on my PC and also on my mobile? Will I solve this problem and can I read emails anywhere in any order?

Yes. As Frank said, you need to ensure that you are using IMAP. That way all the devices will share the same synced data. If you delete the message on your phone, it will be automatically deleted on your computer. If you read it on your computer, it will also show as read on your phone.

ok thanks for help.

I’m an emClient newbie, but I’ve just recently been through this myself, and came to the conclusion that I had to go to the browser view of my email and mark all emails as Unread. Then, emClient would download them.

My account was already IMAP, and this is the only way I could get things to work, but, as I said, I’m a newbie.

It certainly shouldn’t work like that Margaret. Who is your email provider?

Network Solutions.

There’s a factor that may or may not be important. I was reading my emails online and had a lot that I wanted to deal with later. So I set up a folder on the server and moved those emails into it. Later, I moved them back to my general Inbox, thinking that would be enough. But it wasn’t – I had to mark them all as Unread and then I was good to go.

Any illumination would be appreciated.

I am not familiar with them, but I assume they are hosting your domain.

The way IMAP works is that whatever is on the server should be duplicated on the computer. So if you create a folder on the server and move some messages there, it should also appear like that in eM Client whether they are read or unread.

As the account is IMAP, the first thing you could try is to remove the account from eM Client, then add it again. See if that makes any difference.

Yes, they are hosting my domain.

I once looked into removing the account and recreating it, but it looked as if it would delete all my messages so I chose not to do that.

I understand what you’re saying about replicated folders but I didn’t see it.

Now that I think about it, there’s one more factor: I experimented with “always download messages” in my IMAP setup, and then things went to my Local Folders, which I didn’t want. So I turned that off.

I have a lot of rules set up in the client and at the moment everything is working. Until I get a stronger sense of how things fit together, I’m going to leave it alone:) (Except I’m a dyed-in-the-wool fiddler, alas.)

If you don’t see the replicated folders, you can try right-click on your Inbox, and choose Properties > Repair. You shouldn’t need to do that regularly, but see if it helps.

With IMAP the messages are stored on the server, and a cached copy is synced to eM Client. So removing the account from eM Client will not delete the messages. It may be that somehow the cached data is corrupt. If Repair does not fix it, removing the account certainly will.

Rules on the other had can be an issue if you remove the account. The Rules won’t be deleted, but if they were pointing to folders in the IMAP account, you will need to edit them again after removing and adding the account.

If you can’t resist a bit of fiddling, maybe make a backup first, just in case. :slight_smile: