How to quickly mark an email as unread after reading it.

Once I have read an email, I want to mark it as unread so that I know I need to pick it up again. I work in an office and get a lot of emails. Is it possible to mark an email as unread quickly? Not by right clicking.

Hi, try ctrl+u

Hi, you should be able to use shortcuts to switch between the read/unread status, use ctrl+q/u to mark the message as read/unread. You can also right click the message or select the options from the actions menu.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Hi Guys!!

Thats helped!

Thanks a lot!!

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,
Paul

You are going to wish you didnt say that…

Whilst I have a ticket open with you.

Is there any way i can order my emails to be displayed by order of “Unread” rather than by the date?

Cheers
Paul

Yes, just click on the sort option above the message list, click on sorted by “received” and chose the sort string you’d like to use for displaying received messages.

Hope this helps,
Paul

I cant find the option to sort my emails by unread… Any ideas?

Are you using the messages on the right layout in eM Client? If so, the option is right above the list of messages you’ve received. If you’re using a different layout, you have to use the columns to sort your messages, for example if columns for icon (read/unread) is shown you have to click on that column to sort your messages based on this option.

Regards,
Paul

I still cant see it. I have attached a screenshot for you.

I want the unread emails to be at the top of my list.

Cheers
Paul

Hi again, as I suggested in my previous message, use the “Icon” as the sort string for the list of received messages.
Once you do so, instead of the current “newest” you should be able to switch between read/unread.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Ah, I see. Thats fantastic! Thanks a lot!

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul

Haha! You are going to regret saying “please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help

Is there any way of adding a HTML Email Signature… I did try to just copy it in but it hasnt worked.

Thank you so much for all your help and sorry for being a pain.

Cheers
Paul

You can create a new HTML signature by creating a new signature in the application settings, but instead of pasting the HTML code directly, right click the text editing area and select Insert > HTML, then use the HTML code and create the signature.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Good Morning,

Can I download any themes from anywhere for my mail client?

Cheers
Paul

Not really sure what you’re referring to, eM client 6 supports themes made specifically for eM client using a XML file that defines the theme colors. You can download some of the user created themes here on our forum, but unfortunately I doubt there’s multiple sources for eM Client themes on the internet.

https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/custom_em_client_themes

Hope this helps,
Paul