How to make uncompleted tasks invisble ?

Uncompleted tasks in the past are visible in the Calendar/Tasks and in the Agenda. How can I make these events invisible without setting the tasks as completed ?
These uncompleted tasks are also forwarded to the running day as uncompleted.
There should be a setting like "Don’t carry forward uncompleted tasks.

Hi Andreas, you should be able to use the “Hide past” option in the agenda and task view.
That way once your task is past due, it won’t be shown on the list unless you again enable this option.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

thanks for the answer.
I can’t find these settings. Could you send me some screenshots ?

Regards
Andreas

Hi Paul,

I still can’t find this “Hide past” option.

Thanks
Andreas

Hi Andreas, I’m sorry for the confusion, unfortunately the Hide Past, only applies for Calendar items in Agenda view not in Task as I originally thought.
Unfortunately it is not possible to hide tasks that are incomplete even if they’re past due.

My only suggestion here could be enabling “Show groups in tasks list” option in Tools > Settings > Tasks, and with the use of groups, hiding events in the “Past” group or any other group such as Two weeks ago.
This might help you navigating through your tasks if you have a lot of unfinished tasks past due date.

Hope this helps, sorry for my mistake,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

thanks for the reply.

and with the use of groups, hiding events in the “Past” group or any other group such as Two weeks ago.

Sorry, but I don’t understand what you mean …
With this setting I have a group “Older” and a group “Future”.

Regards
Andreas

The groups appear based on your Tasks, if you have old tasks that were not marked as completed they will be in the “Old” (Past) group, however they may be some tasks in between and groups such as week ago, two weeks ago or yesterday may appear if such tasks are present in the current folder.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

but the unfinished tasks are still forwarded to the current day.
I have for example several task with:

• A is coming later on …
  • B is going earlier on …
  • C is out of house for x hours on …
    Normally you don’t mark these events as finished.
    But I have these tasks still under Calendar / Tasks.

Regards
Andreas

Hi again Andreas, there’s unfortunately no other option how to hide these tasks, please note that tasks are meant to be completed, that’s why the option to hide unfinished is not included.
What you’re describing could be of better use in your calendar instead where you can use the option “Hide Past”.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.