How to install latest version via Microsoft Store?

Goodmorning all,

I just installed EMClient via the Microsoft Store (version 8.2.1479) and the latest downloadable version is 8.2.1659. When i download the latest version, it is installing it next to *.1479. How can i install and use the latest version without losing my installed version 1.479?

jueves 14 octubre 2021 :: 0852hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Daniel_D

You cannot run a version from Microsoft Store & direct from eMC, you need to choose.
Either continue with the MS subscription
OR
Backup your MS version Menu ->Backup ->Move the Backup to, for instance your desktop for later use
Cancel your subscription
Delete MS version
Install direct from eMC
You will need to decide if you want Free or Pro (you will have a one time cost for Pro)
If you decide to do this during installation skip Set Up and use the Backup you created to configure eMC
If you are use MS version because you have an ‘S’ version of Windows you will need to disable this by:

If you are running ‘S’ mode you can only run software/apps that are available from MS Store.
Here’s what to do if you want to change this, there is no charge to do this;

In Windows 10 ‘S’ mode, open Settings -> Update & Security -> Activation.

In the Switch to Windows 10 Home or Switch to Windows 10 Pro section, select Go to the Store.
##IMPORTANT###
[If you also see an “Upgrade your edition of Windows” section,
be careful NOT to click the “Go to the Store” link that appears there.]

At the Switch out of ‘S’ mode [or similar - wording is sometimes different] page in the Microsoft Store,
select the GET button.
You should shortly see a confirmation message on the page!

Once you’ve done all this before you do anything else do this:

Open Command Prompt in Admin mode:
Copy & Paste and run: sfc /scannow

Now Reboot your system.

It is a Microsoft utility that will check/repair your system.
Missing or corrupt files will be replaced.
You must be connected to the internet when carrying out these procedures.
You’ll now be able to install software/apps from outside of the Microsoft Store.

Any queries ASK do not guess

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.