How to go back from eM Client to Outlook. Need to convert .eml files to .pst. How? Also need to xfer contacts back. How?

I want to convert back from eM Client to Outlook and bought a programme to convert .eml files to .pst. However the programme can’t find the .pst files and niether can windows explorer. Perhaps they are hidden somewhere? Also would need to export my contacts from eM Client back to Outlook. Not sure if the programme I bought can do this. Has anyone got any ideas please?

Hi Ian, eM Client does not support export to .pst file. If you have your data in .eml files you should be able to import them into Outlook as a standard email message format. In case you’re using an IMAP account and you’ve synchronized your data with the server, you should be able to just re-sync your account with the server, allowing you to download all the available content.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Hi Paul. Thanks for your response. I now have a programme which supposedly will convert them from eml back to pst but even using windows explorer I can’t find where eM Client “stores” these files?

eM Client is not using eml files nor pst files for storing it’s data, if you want to export your messages from the eM Client database navigate to File > Export > Export messages into .eml files, select a folder you want eM Client to export the messages into and perform the export.

Hope this helps,
Paul