How to get fixed-width fonts printed?

Hello,

From Menu, Settings, Mail, Read, I was able to turn off using the preferred variable-width font for messages originating with fixed-width; however, I’m not sure how to get that same thing printed.

How can fixed-width fonts get properly printed in eM Client ?

Thank you very much for any pointers.

Kind regards,

Kelly

domingo 25 junio 2023 :: 1443hrs (UTC +0100)

I can not properly read your image, however, I have no problem printing a fixed width font.
I turned off “Use preferred font for fixed width…”
Sent myself a message to test with both variable & fixed width fonts in the body of the message.
Right click body of message select print … that’s it printed as displayed in printer preview.
I test printed on HP & Xerox Laser also Canon Inkjet.
Windows 11 Pro
eMC ver 9,2.1735

skybat

¡Suerte!

¡Los mejores desde Valencia la soleada y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Hello Domingo!

Thank you very much for your reply.

I’m glad that you aren’t having this problem with getting fixed-width fonts to print to for you correctly. I too am running v9.2.1735 (3d90379) of eM Client, but on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

I’m sorry you are having difficulties reading the screenshot image that was originally posted above. Perhaps the forum software prevents you from seeing it properly on your browser? Or maybe because I’m a new user there are insufficient posting privileges?

PDFs aren’t allowed to be attached to forum postings. I have placed the PDF of the screenshot here for you:

And I have likewise placed the variable-width font PDF created by eM Client for you here:

Thanks again for your help!

Kind regards,

Kelly

Is this forum monitored by any eM Client staff?

Or should users email them directly?

:male_detective:

Yes, we do monitor the forum, and comment here as well. And you will be pleased to know that this topic is being discussed. It certainly is a reasonable request.

2 Likes

Hi Gary,
Thank you very much for your fast response. I also had just seconds ago sent an email into [email protected]

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Kelly

jueves 27 junio 2023 :: 1958hrs (UTC +0100)

OK, I have looked at your postings.
My user name is @skybat, you have taken Domingo which is Spanish for Sunday.
Spanish is my first language.

The first thing I have to say is that you should blank out your personal email address and/or other identifiers in any posts - unfortunately, though not necessarily on this Forum, there are individuals who will make illegal use of this information.

To answer your question, yes, eMC do monitor the Forum, and I see that you already have an answer from @Gary

This was saved as PDF then to JPG to post here

skybat

¡Suerte!

¡Los mejores desde Sevilla la soleada y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

@skybat
Thank you for suggesting that I expunge visible traces of my email address. I have removed the previously linked PDFs that I shared with you from my Gdrive; however, I am unable to delete the image file first posted above, the one that you said can not properly be read. Hopefully Gary might be able to delete it for me?

Sorry about messing up your name :flushed:

martes 27 junio 2023 :: 2210hrs (UTC +0100)

Do not worry about my name I have been called a lot worse.
I am not sure if there are time restrictions for new members, if not to remove/edit posts do this:
At the bottom right of your post you will see a reply icon, to the left of this there are 3 dots and perhaps next a pen/pencil icon, if it is there click it to edit your post.

skybat

¡Suerte!

¡Los mejores desde Sevilla la soleada y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

1 Like

I think you’re correct about my newbie status:

miércoles 28 junio 2023 :: 0900hrs (UTC +0100)

mejor suerte luego

1 Like

Thank you for blurring out my email address Gary. I only just now noticed that you had done this for me. It appears that the Edit icon pencil still is not available to me, so I really appreciate you kind help.

The only workaround/ nuisance fix, that I found in order to get the resultant PDF to be properly formatted was to change the appearance globally; i.e., Menu, Settings, Mail, etc.