How to get eMClient to use my ICC calibrated monitor profile?

I am a semi-pro photographer and send JPEGs around as attachments in eMClient. When I was using Win 7x64 and eMClient this was not a problem. All the attached JPEGs displayed the correct calibrated colors. However, now using eMClient in Win 10x64 the displayed colors are all wrong and not accurate to how they were processed at all. I do not remember ever having to adjust any settings when it worked correctly in Win 7x64. Is there anything I can do to get eMClient to use my monitor ICC profile and display the colors correctly?

sábado 17 octubre 2020 :: 1020hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Tim_Zurowski

Unfortunately the issue is a Win10 graphics/monitor driver issue; your probable best way to resolve this is to use a graphic/monitor driver from the supplier rather than a generic in Win10 - personally I am aware of an intel issue where they no longer update some drivers.

¡Saludos desde la soleada España!

Skybat

[email protected]

Thank you for the reply. :slight_smile: I hadn’t thought of it being the video card or drivers. I have tried to find specific drivers for my Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 TI. Any idea where I could find them? So are you suggesting getting old drivers could solve this? Alternatively, would getting a newer video card solve the problem? My current card works just fine with Photoshop CC 2020, but I guess it does not work well with Win 10x64 & eMClient?

sábado 17 octubre 2020 :: 2142hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Tim_Zurowski

First eMC is not the issue, it is only the medium you use to send files.
As for locating drivers i suggest to go to support on Nvidia and search for the latset drivers

Skybat

[email protected]

Done that and they are not there.

domingo 18 octubre 2020 :: 1124hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Tim_Zurowski

This is the card I have in my Lenovo Laptop Intel Xeon W-10885M with Win10 Workstation, I don’t notice any color variance with:
Tarjeta gráfica
NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000 16GB GDDR6 256bits (Lenovo factory calibrated)

You could try this driver software:
https://www.iobit.com/en/index.php?s

I have to say that I am a bit confused as you have no control over how the files are viewed and no matter how perfect they are on your computer they could be very poor quality on that of the recipient.

Skybat

[email protected]