How to digitally sign and encrypt e-mails?

How to digitally sign and encrypt your e-mails?

In order to digitally sign and encrypt your emails, or decrypt and read encrypted emails from others you need Digital Certificates. These are digital keys bound to your personal identification info. You may get the necessary certificates from your company’s intranet system, from an independent security source like VeriSign, or from your correspondence that encrypts his or her E-Mails.

Importing and managing digital certificates:

To access the certification management window , select under the Main

Menu: Tools -> Settings… -> Security

Here you can manage your certificate and assign security profiles to your email accounts, but before doing so you must first configure your certificates and setup your security profiles.

Import…

Takes you directly to an explorer window through which you can choose the Certificate file you which to import into eM Client.

Certificates:

Click to open the certificate management window

Here you can browse add, remove, and configure your certificates.

Your certificates are categorized into four types: Personal, Authorities, Root and Others.

You can view the details of a particular certificate, such as its issuer, its validity, and the associated personal information by clicking Details…

You can set the Trust Level for each individual certificate here by clicking on Trustlevel…

There are three levels of trust you can assign to each certificate: Trusted, Standard, and Revoked.

Security Profiles:

Once you have configured your certificates, you must create security profiles that assigns certificates to your email accounts.

Click on the Security Profiles… button to bring up the Security profile editor.

Profile Name: enter a name for your Security Profile.

Digitally sign messages:

Check the box to sign your outgoing messages, with the included certificates, your recipient will be able to verify that the message is indeed from you.

Require message encryption:

Check the box to require all outgoing messages sent from the account associated with this profile to be encrypted. With the included certificates, your recipient (if equipped with a mail client able to handle S/MIME encryption) will be able to decrypt your message.

Include these certificates with outgoing messages:

Check the box to attach your signature and encryption certificates in your message this way the recipient will be able to verify and decrypt your message. This box is checked by default.

Sign by: click on to select a Certificate that will be used to digitally sign your Emails, click to remove selection.

Encrypt by: click on to select a Certificate that will be used to digitally encrypt your Emails, click to remove selection.

Once you have created the security profiles, you can assign a profile to each of your E-Mail accounts in the main Security Settings window.

Digitally Signing and Encrypting your email
Once you have configured your certificates and security profiles, you can digitally sign and encrypt your new emails with a simple click.
The New Message Editor’s toolbar contains a golden scroll icon and a golden lock icon.

–>

Click the golden scroll icon to digitally sign your email.

Click the golden lock icon to digitally encrypt your email.

Are there any plans to utilize gpg or pgp keys for encryption?

Sorry for my english; I’m german speaking.
I can not sign or encrypt my Mail. I have imported a class 2 Zerficate und i made a profil.
But when i will send a mail the button “golden scroll” and “golden lock” are not active.
You can help me?

Hello,

you have bad certificate, try using this http://goo.gl/jwZsuZ

best regards
Jan