How to deactivate old free license?

After migrating to a new PC ( the old one is not fully working ) I installed on it em client.
After two months I discovered the demo license was expired.
The problem is that now I can not request a new license for the old email address because a license for that email already exists.
On the other hand if I try to ask for the old key and activate the license then i get the “ActivateLicenseFromApplicationEx failed” error.
My understanding after searching the em client users community is that the only way to use again my free license is somebody at eM Client would take care of deleting my email address from database to allow me requesting a fresh free license.
Is it correct ? And if the above is true where send an e-mail to ask for such delete ?
Any suggestion is welcome .
Stefano

sábado 05 noviembre 2022 :: 0730hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @bstefano55

Email to: [email protected] and explain the issue.

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Sevilla la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

You could completely disable any anti-virus, firewall, proxy or VPN, then try again.
Sometimes even restarting your router may resolve this.

Thank you @skybat and @Gary for suggestion.
I already did the disable all security tools , togheter with checking of a couple of Windows services and router restart with no result.
Seems the last chance is an email to eM Client sales people.
I’ll keep you updated.
Regards

Hi,
the problem has been solved by Robert Bucek from eM Client .
The solution is well described at the following link:
RetrieveLicenseXml failed - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software .
Regards

1 Like

I have had this exact same problem. My mother’s old computer was going flaky so I bought her a new laptop. I have followed the instructions regarding the ISRG Root X1 certificate issue at the link listed above, but it had no effect. I have uninstalled the previous version of emClient, then updated Windows 10, restarted the computer and then reinstalled emClient. The license key still won’t work and I get this same error message.

Any other suggestions? Do I need to deactivate the license on the old computer and then request another one?

Thanks!