How to configure comcast.net

Does anyone know how to configure Comcast.net email? The default configuration does not work for me. I can receive email but I get an error message when I try to send email (and the email message never gets out of the outbox). The default configuration for gmail works like a champ.

Got solution. Comcast no longer supports the use of port 25 (the eM Client default) for sending email. Excerpt from help page below:

Introduction

To prevent spam and to ensure the security of our network and customers, Comcast no longer supports the use of port 25 for sending email. If you use an older email client (Outlook Express, Outlook, Mac Mail, etc.), this may impact your ability to send email. To learn more about port 25, please visit our FAQ.

To configure an email client to use Comcast email (@comcast.net), the following settings should be used for sending and receiving email:

Recommended Only If Needed
Incoming Mail Server - Name mail.comcast.net mail.comcast.net
Incoming Mail Server - Port Number 995 (POP3) 110 (POP3)
Outgoing Mail Server - Name smtp.comcast.net smtp.comcast.net
Outgoing Mail Server - Port Number 587 (SMTP) 465 (SMTPS)
SSL Encryption checked checked
Authentication Comcast ID and Password required

David Arnold:  See my reply to myself for the solution.  However keep in mind that this was 2 years ago and may be obsolete.

Works in Outlook now. (After patches identified by “Offcat” app.) emclient remains inoperative.

OK- the way to do this now is to pick other, enter the information (IMAP) incoming will put 995 in automatically, put in smtp.comcast.net for outgooing and click through to test it- it will not work for outgoing but click FIX and the system will work through all possibilities and find the 587 port and it will work and you are set. By picking IMAP all your subfolders will show up, which they will not if you choose POP3.