How to choose default calendar for incoming invitations?

I do that, but it does not save. Once I click save, the dialog window goes away, but the events still show in the local calendar and not the one I assigned it to. Not sure what could be going wrong.

Going forward, if you want to set a default calendar for an account that does not have one, you can do that in Menu > Tools > Accounts, then on the General tab you can select any calendar in eM Client to be the default for that email address. Invitations coming to that address will then be saved in that calendar.

I think if you move an event from one calendar to another, it will send out a cancellation.

But you can try to move the event by right-click and Move to folder.

That does not work either. Invitations received after I set the default calendar save correctly, but this one event can’t be moved from the local calendar to my default calendar for some reason. It might be a Google Calendar issue.

Is there any way to override an Exchange based account?  That’s the situation I have here.  The alternative is to try to configure the account to use IMAP rather than Exchange Web Services.

I’m having the same issue as a new em Client user. I’m on v8.2.1473. I’m on the pro version and have 3 emails associated with the account and then I have my iTunes calendar. But when I accept a calendar invite it goes to the em Client local calendar. How can I set up my iTunes calendar that I’ve set up to be the default calendar when accepting calendar invites?

So whichever email address you receive the invitation on, in that account’s settings, select the calendar where you want the events to be saved.

Perfect. Thank you Gary!

I don’t see this UI in my version of EM Client (8.2.1659). How do I get to choose the default calendar for each my accounts?

That account already has a calendar.

The option I gave above is for accounts that don’t have calendars.

So is there a way to change the default calendar for both outgoing invitations, and incoming?

For invitations you send, that depends on which calendar you create the event in.

For invitations you receive, that depends on the email address the invitation was sent to. If it is sent to your Gmail address, the event will be created in the Google Calendar for that account. If it is sent to the welldocinc address, the event will be created in that calendar.

All your accounts except one have calendars as part of their settings. That means you can’t change their default calendars. With the tickithealth account, you will need to associate a calendar as in my screenshot above.

Understood. But I now see the confusion in my communication (my apologies)…if I’m in the All Inboxes view and choose to create a new event from the +New>Event, how do I choose which calendar it defaults to?

Thanks

It will automatically chose the calendar folder you are currently in back in the calendar section.

That answered it! Thanks so much Gary.