How to add webcal calendar?

Trying to add a webcal (iCloud) calendar but emClient will not accept the address that Outlook uses?

Hello Carl,
does the New account>Calendar>iCloud calendar option not work for you correctly? Is there any error message when you try?

Regards,
Olivia

Olivia: Thanks for your response. I did manage to figure out how to get the calendar to work finally. I do, however, keep getting the error message all day of: “Carl’s ICloud calendar: Connecting to Carl’s iCloud calendar failed” which is irritating all day long to say the least. Strange: the calendar works great and updates quickly and automatically, any way to not see that error message all day long? Thanks, Carl

Hello Carl,
that is indeed strange, when the error pops up again, could you go to the Tools>Operations>Log window and copy its contents here?
Also, as a work around until we figure out why the error messages are being generated, you can disable the error pop up windows in ‘Tools>Settings>General>General’ by unchecking the ‘Show window when an error occurs’ option in the ‘Operations window’ section.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Olivia,

This error goes on all day but things update well?

Thanks,

Carl

OK, will try that. But then how will I know if the error is still happening . . . or will it even matter if I can"t see the popup?

You can check the errors anytime in Tools>Operations>Error window manually, but I just wanted to offer you this workaround until we figure out why the popups are generated.
You do not have to hide the error window if you don’t want to.

Regards,
Olivia

I’d appreciate a full log though, seeing as the small part you screenshot has nothing out of order. You can click the line, and then Ctrl+A to select full log and copy it out.
Also, screenshot the error messages too, please.

Olivia: Even with notifications off, I still get this popup every 10 minutes? Carl

Oh okay, I thought it was an error window -this is a login prompt. There might sometimes be issues with login to the iCloud calendar without an Apple account. Do you perhaps have an alternate login?

Olivia: I only have one iCloud login, all the data flows back and forth instantly but this popup goes off all day long? Thanks, Carl

Hi Carl,
even if you use your gmail to login to your Apple account (which, honestly, should not be possible), the iCloud calendar server could be detecting the issue because only iCloud.com, mac.com and me.com should be valid Apple account addresses, and other emails can only be aliases.
Please try to find those credentials or contact Apple support.
The popup is generated by the Calendar server because the credentials aren’t correct, so until they are, they won’t stop appearing, I’m afraid.

Regards,
Olivia

Olivia,

OK, I will contact Apple support. Which login should I be using:

1. [email protected] (or)
  2. [email protected]?

This is so crazy as I get the error popup only about 200 times per day,

Thanks,

Carl

If the @me.com address is valid, you should be using that one. Have you tried it for the login in eM Client?

Regards,
Olivia

Olivia,

Yes, I have tried it but frankly, I have never used [email protected] for anything, ever so I am not 100% sure what the password is?

Thanks,

Carl

My iCloud login IS [email protected]??? See attached?

I did figure out how to login to [email protected] and changed my EM Client password accordingly, waiting for the error chime (-: (see attached?) ![](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap cloudfront net/s3_images/1368050/RackMultipart20160218-109956-jh8tzo-Capture_4_inline.PNG?1455820139 )