How many devices with one license?

How many devices can I use with my license?
My license is from May/2022.

I bought 1 license at the time.

Thanks for help
Andy

I went through this when I upgraded from eM Client Pro 8 and 9 (3 computers) to eM Client Pro 10. I upgraded one of my 3 systems to eM Client 10 Pro, and tried to use the same activation code on multiple systems. Each time I ran eM Client on one computer, it would deactivate the other two. It showed the same as yours - the license being for 1 device.

I was told by customer service in an email that the old style licensing (1 system per license) does not transfer to the new licensing (3 systems per license), and that I would need to purchase an entirely new license to take advantage of the new personal license that allows 3 systems per user. The old “Pro” license was one device per license. The new “Personal” license allows 3 devices per license. There is no way (according to their support) to transfer between these on upgrades.

So last night, I just outright purchased a new license for eM Client 11, deactivated my old licenses, and activated using the new license code. Well, on one so far, but on that one, it shows this now:

So I am pretty sure you need to buy a NEW license for eM Client 11, and NOT upgrade, otherwise you will have to pay for an upgrade on each system, like I did on my 3 last time.

eM Client should have REALLY made this clear to people upgrading old licenses to new, as it was certainly not clear to me. I ended up upgrading my 3 systems to eM Client 10 Pro over a course of several months, and in retrospect, would have just bought eM Client 10 Personal outright if I had known in advance, and saved money. These are all my own home systems after all (1 desktop, 1 Mac laptop, 1 Windows laptop).

1 Like

Yes a single Pro license is only for 1 device and you carn’t directly upgrade from the Pro to the Personal version. You can only add an additonal device.

So it is better value if your wanting eM Client on more than one device to buy the Personal 3 device license either as “a yearly subscription” or as a “one time payment” via the pricing page and do what @jfmorris advised to then deactivate your old Pro license & reactive the new Personal license. You can also use the mobile apps for free as well.

If your a business customer you can also email [email protected] for specific pricing info.

1 Like