how do I turn off calendar notification popup windows?

Whenever a Calendar event is imminent I get a popup window reminder (notification?).  How do I turn that off.  Running em Client 6.0.22344.0

Hello Peter, you can manage the notification options in Tools > Settings > General Notifications.

To disable a certain type of notification click on the notification type to change when it displays.

Hope this helps.

Trouble is, I don’t see any calendar notification options listed: mail, file various chat ones, but no calendar ones.

Trouble is, I don’t see any calendar notification options listed: mail, file various chat ones, but no calendar ones.

Right, sorry, my mistake. Calendar notifications are controlled by your reminder settings of the calendar event. Open the event’s details to disable the reminder. Reminder can be added automatically if you have the default reminder for your calendar set for example to “At Start” etc.

To disable the default reminder right click your calendar folder and select “Properties” where you can find the default reminder settings for this calendar.

Thank you, this has been very helpful. I was a little stressed that I got my Google calendar notifications from Windows, from the EM-client and on my mobile phone. With your help I could turn it off. Thank you @Paul for your help.