How do I send event invitations?

How do I send event invitations -> so that I can invite colleagues to meetings?

eM Client supports event requests that you can send out to coordinate your group events, even though, how to do this is not obvious.
Once an event has been created, in the Event editor window select the Scheduling tab.

There are three types of requests that can be sent to each attendee: Required, Optional, and Resource. Each can be selected by clicking on the box next to the attendees’ emails.

Each time you add a contact to your list of attendees, if you have the Free/busy URL for that contact setup, then you can see the schedule of the attendee, which can help you organize the event.

A response to your request can be obtained from each attendee in the form of Accepted, Declined, or Tentative. which will also be displayed in this window next to each attendee’s email address.

Once all the necessary details have been entered into the Event editor, click Save to finish editing. A prompt will appear asking you whether you wish to send invites to the attendees listed, click Send invite to close the editor and send invites.

Tip: Should you delete or make changes to your events after you have sent out your event invites, a notice of change/cancellation will be sent to each of the attendees accordingly.

Your invitee will receive an invite such as the one below in their email, they can send you a reply by clicking on either Accept, Tentative, or Decline respectively, which will show up in your Event window.

Tip: if you have a Google account setup on eM Client, your Google Calendar will be automatically synchronized to your eM Client Calendar.

“There are three types of requests that can be sent to each attendee: Required, Optional, and Resource. Each can be selected by clicking on the box next to the attendees’ emails”  THERE IS NO BOX NEXT TO ATTENDEES EMAILS."
and
" A prompt will appear asking you whether you wish to send invites to the attendees listed, click Send ".  NO PROMPT APPEARS, I CAN RIGHT CLICK THE EVENT AND SAY SEND INVITES BUT THAT HAS NO RESULT EITHER. 

really like to make this work if anyone knows how!!

Libor’s comment above is really old, but the same options are there in recent versions.

Please see the Help File (F1) under Features > Calendar > Working with Events for more information.

Hi Yep,  I am with you all the way to choosing the required/optional/resource part.  I say OK. I say Save. Never get the Send invite window which is clearly the bit I need! LOL  Any help would be great!!!  If it matters Im on V7.1.

If you type a contact address in the participants field, and don’t hit enter after the address, it will not add the attendee, so won’t send an invite. Therefore no confirmation. The name actually has to appear below the Participants box.

Yep, selecting from contact list and name appears, no typing in happening.

This is an invitation you have received?

Nope

The screenshot you provided is for an event for which an invitation was received. This is not a new event window. Can you see the difference between my screenshot and yours?

Yes I can, I also sent it to my husband Robert, he received nothing and still didnt get a window asking to send emails.  Its just unfortunate I chose that screen shot, I have tried it with several friends external to our own email server with nothing being received. I losing it.

So created a new event called Garry Demo, found the address in Contacts. pressed save.  Then no request to send to anyone.

Can you try creating the event in a Local Folder, rather than Holder, and see if there is a difference?

I could but that would defeat the purpose I have.  Trying to schedule lots of Comm Games meetings.  I have done most the long way now, will give your suggestion a go after this event.  Thanks for hanging in with me, Garry  xxx