How do I import my Contacts, including "Groups" from Gmail to eM Client?

Error messages stating logging errors

You don’t need to import them. Just setup your GMail account in eM Client using the Automatic Setup, and your contacts will be added automatically.

If you only want to add contacts and not the other GMail items, select Contacts > Google Contacts.

When you set up your account, eM Client should sync all of your information with gmail, including contacts.  What error messages are you getting?  A screenshot would be helpful.

Sorry, Gary, guess you replied while I was writing…

It’s all good. Rodney will get the full experience. :slight_smile:

I have already set up my eM client to work with my email server.  Can I go back to the auto setup to import contacts from gmail?

thanks much,
Paul

Yes, simply follow Gary’s instructions above.

Thanks for your response Jay.  How do I start the automatic setup?  I searched for it but can’t find that.
thanks
Paul

Oh sorry, go to menu/tools/accounts and click on the “+” located at the bottom left of the dialog box.

Then go to contacts tab and select google contacts

Ok Great! Thanks Jay!!  So this is now dynamically linked to the gmail account?  What happens if I delete this gmail account?  Also I’m assuming that I can also seamlessly add new contacts to the eM client app?

thanks for your help Jay

best
Paul

Yes it is linked to your gmail account and with automatically synchronize if you make a change on any device.  If you delete the account, the contacts will disappear.  However, you can always copy them into the local folders before deleting the account (make sure local folders are showing by going to menu/tools/settings/general/general and select "Show local folders). and you will not loose them.