How do I get flash player and audio media players to work in web page widgets in em Client

How do I get flash player and audio media players to work in web page widgets in “em Client”. I am unable to view videos in the widget browser pane when visiting such pages as BBC News etc. I also seem unable to listen to audio files when viewing a web page in an “em Client” widget; I get error messages such as install flash player to view etc. I am sure flash player is installed on my computer though.

Hello Matthew,
flash is probably installed by default in your browsers, but its usually disabled (for example in Chrome and Mozilla Firefox), because it is being discontinued by Adobe itself.
We do not plan to include support for Flash player, but maybe turning it on in your web browsers (IE if you use eM Client 6, Chrome if you use the version 7 BETA) will work.

Regards,
Olivia

Dear Olivia, thanks for your reply

1. When Flash has been discontinued by Adobe how will sites like BBC News embed videos? will they be viewable in “em Client”? 
  2. Should I be able to listen to audio files through the “em Client” widget windows? Is there a way of enablng this?

Best wishes, Matthew

Hello Matthew,
Adobe stopped the development of Adobe Flash Player plugin this January, but they said that they would continue to support it for roughly 5 more years.
Universally Flash is being dropped, but some sites will probably take longer time switching to newer technologies like HTML 5.
Flash plugin was used for all multimedia, so the issue with audio could be of the same nature.
I am not sure how Chrome deals with the sites that still demand use of Flash, but sites like youtube and others that use HTML5 work in eM Client’s web widget format for me (not always for version 6 which uses IE core, but definitely in version 7 BETA, so that could be an Internet Explorer issue).

Regards,
Olivia