How do I display attachments in-line?

I’m considering switching from Thunderbird to eMClient, but I need to know how to display attachments in-line without requiring me to open them manually.

This is an essential feature as a lot of my emails involve inspecting log files, and opening individual .txt files attached to the emails is very time consuming when I could just view them in-line.

With the mouse on the name of the attached file, then you can select “open” or “save as”

Yeah, that’s not really what I need, though.

Here’s how Thunderbird displays one of the emails I receive daily with a log file attached that I need to inspect for problems:

Here’s how eMClient displays the same email:

I would like to know if eMClient can display text and image attachments in the same way Thunderbird does.

Hello,
I am sorry but it is not possible at the moment because we did not implement such a feature yet.

Has this been implemented yet?

Hi Chris,
image files can be viewed inline automatically, but this is not possible for other types of attachments.

Regards,
Olivia

This does not seem to be happening for me. Do I have to switch on the option to have images inline?  Or perhaps I have an old version of the program?

Hello Chris,
you can check the number of your version in Help>About section.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Chris,
do you perhaps have the option to Read all messages as Plain Text format?
Please check this setting in Tools>Settings>Mail>Read and let me know.
If it’s checked, disable it to view images inline.

Regards,
Olivia

This is serious shortcoming which do not allow to correctly view forwarded messages with attachments from MacOS Mail.
Forwarded message which has images inline AND any binary attachment sent from MacOS Mail is divided as multiple attachments as:
html part
html part
… and so on
binary attachments last

Thunderbird shows all html parts concatenated skipping images and binary attachments - they are shown as attachments to save.
EmClient shows only first html part with images and more html parts as attachments to save.
EmClient should at least show all html parts concatenated like Tb, but it would be best if html parts with images is displayed.

This is serious shortcoming which do not allow to correctly view forwarded messages with attachments from MacOS Mail.
Forwarded message which has images inline AND any binary attachment sent from MacOS Mail is divided as multiple attachments as:
html part
html part
… and so on
binary attachments last

Thunderbird shows all html parts concatenated skipping images and binary attachments - they are shown as attachments to save.
EmClient shows only first html part with images and more html parts as attachments to save.
EmClient should at least show all html parts concatenated like Tb, but it would be best if html parts with images is displayed.