How do I delete a contact group?

I created a new group “testman” and added people to it. It seems to be set in “categories”. When I removed everyone, I then had an empty group. But I couldn’t delete it from EM Client. I had to go up to the Gmail contacts in a web browser and delete it from there.

Is there a way to delete a group (category?) from within EM Client?

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan, not completely sure what groups are you referring to, is this a contact group? I’m afraid this was an existing label on your account, that can only be deleted from the Gmail interface, as eM Client can not create/delete labels due to a lack of support for this feature.

Thank you,
Paul

It was a contact group. I guess I created it somewhere else because when I try from EM Client to create a new contact folder I get “Specified method is not supported”.

Cheers

Alan

Hi again Alan, coloured labels that are displayed under your contacts folder unfortunately can not be deleted in eM Client, you can assign any of your contacts with a selected category and the category will be created into labels, however the support for labels is limited, thus it is not possible to remove it in the application.

But you should be able to remove these groups in your Gmail’s web interface.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Yes, that helps. At least I know what is going on.

cheers

Alan

PS - just FYI - I am investigating all of this stuff for my 87 year old mother who is moving to Gmail and wants a decent, easy to use client acessible on her desktop and laptop. So, if I can get all the issues out of the way, then I can explain what can and cannot be done.