How do I cleanup contacts

Just moved from version 6 to 7. When I create a rule, there many blank contacts with just an email and most of them are duplicates. However the blank ones do not show in my normal contacts view. How do I cleanup this mess?

Those are probably recipients collected when a mail is received and the sender is not in your address book. You can go to menu/tools/settings/mail/compose and at the bottom of the page under “Recipients History”, you can click on “Clear recipients history” and it should clear all of those. Un-check “Store composed mail recipients for suggestion” if you do not want this to occur in the future.

That did not clear the junk. I only see the junk when adding a contact to a rule. Scroll the contact list as the junk is at the bottom.

Hello,

Could we please ask you to check whether these contacts aren’t saved locally? Please go to Menu ->Tools -> Settings -> General and make sure the ‘Show Local Folders’ is checked. Afterwards go to Contacts and see whether there aren’t any contacts in Local Folders - Contacts

Thank you,
Maurice

I don’t see the image under contacts that you show in your reply. I see…

The trash emails also appear when entering the TO: for an new email. 

As you can see 90% of the suggestions are junk. If this is not simple to remove then I’m going to another email client.

OK Ctrl-B will open the edit contacts view, just highlite and delete. Menu/Tools/Contacts will get you there as well. In the above example, it now shows only the blacked-out name & email.

I wish the suggestion box would search the Name list and not search for email addresses.

Hello,

If you see the addresses in the Select Contact window accessible through Ctrl+B, we would suggest deleting the contacts there - right click on the contact that you wish to delete and select Delete. These addresses were probably added into Contacts by the server, eM Client doesn’t handle sender’s addresses this way.

Regards,
Maurice

They were deleted 3 days ago.

Hello,

Thanks for the update, we’re glad to hear your issue has been resolved.

Regards,
Maurice