How do I change preset font for composing new email?

I want to change the default font for new email I am composing in eM Client. How do I do that once so that I do not have to do it on each email?

You can set it in eM Client settings: Tools - Settings - Compose - Preferred style

When I tried this, there is no “preferred style” option for Compose. There is on Read and Send but not Compose, only options are a checkbox for capitalize on thirst word of sentence and a selection for “Mail Format for Reply” with options of “auto detect from original message”, “HTML”, or “Plain text”. Is this an issue because I am using the free version of the product?

Install the latest version of eM Client from here: http://www.emclient.com/dist/v4.0.163…

When i did that the file to be downloaded was setup(1).msi which was immediately removed by Norton as being a threat. The content of the warning is:

Updated:
February 15, 2012 3:15:47 PM
Type:
Other
Risk Impact:
High
Systems Affected:
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000

Behavior
WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories.

The reputation-based system uses “the wisdom of crowds” (Symantec’s tens of millions of end users) connected to cloud-based intelligence to compute a reputation score for an application, and in the process identify malicious software in an entirely new way beyond traditional signatures and behavior-based detection techniques.
Antivirus Protection Dates

Initial Rapid Release version March 27, 2009
Latest Rapid Release version April 20, 2010 revision 025
Initial Daily Certified version March 27, 2009 revision 005
Latest Daily Certified version April 20, 2010 revision 024
Initial Weekly Certified release date April 1, 2009

Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.

In fact, when i did a check for update through eM Client, it returns a “No update available” response.

You get the No update available message because the version I sent you before is our internal version.

As regards the problem with Norton - I can assure you that the file is 100% secure.

Why, when I check for updates, does the version I have say I am current if there is a newer version to download. I am not turning off Norton and the download won’t happen while it is active. What would happen if I went to your web site and did a download? Would I get 4.0.163 or 4.0.15

Interestingly enough, when i go to the web site, emclient.com and click the download, that setup(1).msi is safe but .1MB smaller than the one in the link I got form support. I tried to run a repair rather than an install and received a message stating that EsenInteropFile could not be loaded as it was not in the Cabinet file MailClient.Cab. So, where does that leave me? For now I will continue changing the font in each mail.

If you went to our web site, you would get the latest officially released version which is 4.0.15145.

So, should I avoid the note above sending me to a link to download a version that is newer than the current release version? It is the response from
Juraj Míček 3 hours ago that stated
Install the latest version of eM Client from here:
http://www.emclient.com/dist/v4.0.163

No, this latest version contains lot of fixes and improvements. Mr. Micek is our colleague so you can trust him :slight_smile:

I guess I will have to wait until that becomes an official, released, version as I do not have the opportunity to “trust” it. It gets rejected by Norton immediately upon the download completing.

Font changes do not work in version 5.0.17595.0.

If I change the font in
Tools | Settings | Mail | Read | Preferred Style | Preferred font for messages
when I start a new email, it sticks with Tahoma 12 point. This is true even if I close the application and re-open it.

Do you use any mail Templates?

Sorry, I resolved this. I was in the wrong font option.

Thanks.

Hi Wayne, I am having having the same problem. Could you tell me how you resolve it? Thanks.
Oda

Hello,

do you setup your text in tools - settings - mail - compose?

regards
Jan