How can I sync eM Client on my notebook with eM Client on my PC? PC has v7not Pro licence for 1 user, notebook is unlicensed.

Syncing eM Client between PC and notebook

As long as both computers are connected to the same email account using IMAP or Exchange, they will be synced with the same folders and messages. Most email services also provide online calendars and contacts. If you are using one of those, then you will also have synced calendar and contacts.

You can use eM Client on a second computer, but you will need an addition license to do that.

Thanks for reply. Not using on-line calendar and contacts, but would still like to sync these in eM Client between notebook and PC. Quite happy to buy a separate license for eM Client on my notebook, but can’t find how to do this.

To sync calendar and contacts, you need to have a provider that offers those. Who is your email provider?

If you have a Pro License, you will need to purchase an additional license. You can get that at http://www.emclient.com/purchase-em-client. If you purchase multiple licenses at one time, there is a discount.

If you have a Free License, you can register a second one using a separate email address at http://www.emclient.com/free-license

Thanks for reply. Not using on-line calendar and contacts, but would still like to sync these in eM Client between notebook and PC. Quite happy to buy a separate license for eM Client on my notebook, but can’t find how to do this.

My email provider is BT Yahoo mail which does offer contacts list and a calendar, but I have not been using them. Can I sync the entries on my eM Client calendar and contacts with BT Yahoo/? If this is possible presumably I can then purchase a separate Pro licence for my note book which could then be synced with BT Yahoo calendar/contacts. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Yahoo does offer both CalDAV and CardDAV. If you setup your account in eM Client using Automatic Setup, it should include those.

Thanks for trying to help, but BT Yahoo only seems to offer POP3, SMTP and Diagnostics. Beginning to realise that my idea of synchronising calendar and contacts between my notebook and PC is a step too far!

If the account is setup using the Automatic Setup, it will be configured as IMAP, and will include the calendar and contacts.

If you want to remain with POP3, you will not be able to sync your emails between the two computers, but you can still add the calendar and contacts.

Go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and add a new account. Select Calendar > Yahoo.

After entering your email address and password, you can choose to also include the contacts.

If you want to change from POP3 to IMAP, first add the IMAP account, then move the messages from the POP3 folders to the IMAP folders before deleting the POP3 account, as deleting the POP3 account in eM Client will delete its folders and messages.

Many thanks for your help - I’m now getting the hang of it, at last! Again, thanks.