How can I search deleted emails too?

When I search emails in eMclient I only return results for emails that have not been deleted. I want to be able to find deleted emails too. How do I do this?

I use IMAP and none of the emails are actually purged and deleted. they are just deleted so they are crossed out on the server but are still there. In Outlook I could search deleted emails so I’m hoping eMclient has the same ability because I like it much more than Outlook.

Hi,
you can choose what folders eM Client is searching through by clicking the little magnifying glass in the search field and select “Custom folders”.

I hope this solves the problem,
Thank you,
Paul.

I am searching the correct folder with the email I am searching for, but the email has been marked as deleted so I cannot see it in eM Client anymore and it doesn’t show up in searches I do.

If I search that same folder on the server I do see the emails, but I am using eM Client to avoid the need to go on the server.

Is there a way to see deleted emails in eM Client? Ones that have been deleted (crossed out) but not purged.

Hi,
I’m not sure if I understand now, is the email still visible in the deleted folder on eM Client?
If so can you make a screenshot of the emails in the deleted folder and a screenshot of your search criteria showing no results?

Thank you,
Paul.

There is no deleted folder in my client.

No emails are actually deleted or moved when I click ‘delete’. They are just marked as deleted so I don’t see them anymore in eM Client but they are still in the same folder on the server, just crossed off now.

Hi,
what mail service are you using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Fastmail for one account and Gmail for another

Hi, sorry for the belated reply.
Can you make a screenshot of the issue? There’s a possibility your trash would be hidden from IMAP (which you could setup differently in your webmail settings), however if it was the case and you deleted an email, eM Client should make a Trash folder of it’s own.

Thank you,
Paul.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Here are two screen shots.  One is a search in EMClient and the other is using fastmail.fm web client.

Both searched for ‘irs letter’

You can see the EMClient shows no results but the web client shows 2 emails.

How can I setup EM so search works correctly and shows 2 emails as well?

Web - 2 Emails Found

EM - Nothing Found

Hi again, are you sure the email is located in this folder? Can you try clicking the arrow in the search field and select “All Folders” for example? The webmail search can work differently than the default setup in eM client.

Thank you,
Paul.

I have tried all folders and it returns nothing. That is also the folder where it is located on the server.

Hi again, I’m not completely sure about the status of the email you’ve mentioned, did you delete the email on the server or in the application or how did you mark it?

Thank you,
Paul.

It was originally deleted in another application.  We mainly use Outlook right now but are looking for other mail applications to use. 

Outlook shows the deleted email when I search for it, the server shows the deleted email when I search for it.  EM does not show the email when searched.

But if you deleted the email, shouldn’t it be located in your trash folder?
Can you please make a screenshot of the search settings you’re now using in eM client?

If you’re searching for deleted items you, eM client should show there was an email found in junk and trash folder and upon click show the results.

Thank you,
Paul.

I will get screenshot at a later date, can’t get it right now.  
The emails are not actually deleted.  They are “marked for deletion” (as Outlook calls it) but they never leave the folder they were in.  They are simply crossed out in Outlook and crossed out on the server.

Hi again, eM Client isn’t showing emails that are marked for deletion, they are simply taken as deleted already and thus are not shown any more.

Of course Outlook works differently so that’s probably the reason why you’re able to see the mails there… But once emails are marked for deletion they are not visible in eM Client any more.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

Ok.  Thank you for letting me know.  I need that functionality in order to search old emails.

I will look for a different email application.  Thank you for your help.

I’m sorry to hear that, maybe you’ll find another way to eM Client in the future, if you have any other questions or issues with the application then, let us know we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.